"I love you more than..."

"I love you more than fill the the blank."

Eli created a new little game, that he and I have been having fun going back and forth with.


"I love you more than soda."

"I love YOU more than pizza."


I tried saying, "I love you more than Mine Craft", but that didn't make much sense to him because I don't play Mine Craft.  I meant more, "I love you more than YOU love Mine Craft" {which is their ultimate obsession}.  So, I had to start thinking of things I "love", such as smoothies, sushi, my camera, or better yet - taking photos.  When I brought up the camera, he knew I was getting serious.    


Some of my favorite from him were "more than the galaxy", "more than myself", and "basically, more than anything... except God."

It's a much harder game than it seems to be.  Of course, I can think of lots of things to say.  But, there's not a lot of things that I really love.  I want to grab his face, squish it, and tell him, "I love you more than you can even comprehend.  There aren't words accurate enough to even begin to describe how much.  It's just not possible to explain it to you."  But, seeing as how he cannot understand that, "I love you more than Disneyland" and "I love you more than cotton candy" seems to make him really happy.  

Speaking of love, my heart about melted into a bazillion pieces the other night.  I had had a long day, was simply exhausted, and fell into my bed {probably even literally.  A fun little fact - Dusty always laughs because I'm so clumsy, I constantly walk into the footboard.  Yeah... not kidding}.  

In any case, Silas came in the room at some point and I was almost out.  As far as he knew, I was asleep.  He walked to the side of the bed and put his forehead against mine for a moment.  It was enough of a pause that he was consciously thinking about what he was doing.  Then, he kissed my cheek and off he went.  It was THE sweetest, because it was a true expression of love.  It was so sincere, so innocent, and beyond precious.  I was almost taken aback, really.  He's at that age where he's not too cool for mom, but definitely doesn't need me as much.  He wouldn't think of calling me mommy, dad is way more awesome at this point, and he's very emphatic about letting me know his interests are whatever dad is into.  It's totally fine, and the way it should be.  I love seeing my boy's relationship ever growing with dad.  But it's these simple moments that are priceless.

He tugged at my heart again, last night.  We've spent most of the week figuring out a new car for Dusty.  Yesterday afternoon we had to go to the bank to finalize a loan and to the dealership to sign some papers, so it was a bit later than we would normally eat dinner.  I picked up a pizza on the way home {since there wouldn't be time to cook} and I sighed as I pulled in the driveway.  "I'm so hungry, my stomach is going to eat itself."  Silas stepped into action.  "Mom.  I'll carry the pizza.  Here, let me get the door for you.  And, I'll get the plates.  You take the first slice.  I am hungry, but not as hungry as you.  You eat first, mom."  It was too cute.  He's smart enough to know I wasn't being literal.  Eli is still the the stage that he'd probably believe exactly what I said is what I meant - good thing he was asleep!  But again, it was a genuine act of love - putting me before himself.  And, another wow moment.  I mean - wow.  What an awesome kid!  My heart smiled.

It's been a long week.  We've been out late every night, I am beyond tired, but also realize that I am so blessed.  I am worn out, yet thankful.  Here's a few photos from our crazy week.  

Baby J was obsessed with all the cars.  You have no idea.  He had to "test drive" every car he saw and was incredibly disappointed anytime he found a car that was "wocked".  You better believe, he tried every door!
The boys really wanted a Mustang. 
This has become my sanity in the mornings.  Mickey Mouse helps me to get ready peacefully.  I don't have to worry about the tornado that will become my house in a matter of two point five seconds.
p.s.  If Baby J loves me as much as Mickey Mouse, I'd be perfectly happy.
#mischief
#nootherwordsneeded
The boys were elated about daddy's new ride.   They had to go for a late night spin.  And, check out the four wheel drive.
Some off roading is planned for the very near future.
We settled on an Xterra, which is what we had years ago.  In fact, we bought one when I was pregnant with Silas.  I was stunned because the salesman remembered us, even our names!
We ended up exchanging our old Xterra for a Mazda CX9 when Eli was born, even though Dusty loved it.  Clearly, he loved it enough to get another one!
The boys call this "a man's car" and my vehicle is now affectionately called the "dirt rider" because "it's soooo dirty", apparently.  I quickly noted to them that they created the dirt rider.  Somehow I'm not sure mom created all the stains, kicked off the rear control knobs, spilt all the cereal, and smeared all the windows with fingerprints ;)
I constantly remind myself that one day, when I have a spotless car -- I'll miss the mess, the clutter, and mostly - the noise. I'll take the dirt rider any day.
I had the pleasure of going on a field trip with Silas today.  We went to see CYT's Sound of Music.It was great!  Here's a few friends before the show.  I love this of Callie!
{clearly, I didn't check my aperture when I immediately turned on my camera!}{whoops!}
"monkeying around" before the show. 
Silas, cousin Maddy, cousin Callie, and Hailey {who is basically family, too}.
The sweetest classmates ever! 
My handsome date today.  I'm a lucky girl to have 4 handsome guys to date ;)
Kinda ironic, since I went on a whole two dates prior to meeting Dusty - ha!  

0 Comments