tee ball, a party and a trophy.
Tee ball is O-V-E-R.
I'm not sure who was more excited - Silas, Eli or me. Not that it wasn't a great experience and a blast to watch him play. Here's the thing - after going to school all day, the last thing a 6 year old wants to do is go to practice or play a game for an hour and a half. Mind you, many of the other moms were having the same issue with their little darlings - it's just a lot for such a little guy.
Eli, well - at first he loved it. The snack bar was a big hit and the newness of everything was kind of exciting. BUT, there was no one for him to play with and before I knew it, he was tired of going to the games too. Don't get me wrong - there were a zillion siblings out there - it's just that they were all girls. If you know Eli or talk to him about girls, you'll find he's not the biggest fan of them. Girls at this point are boring and like boring things. I think that's why he wanted nothing to do with a sister. I think he would have been devastated and never forgiven me had he found out we were having a girl, rather than a boy. Also, he began to get frustrated at the fact that he wanted to play. He is tired of being the tag-a-long, the one on the sidelines, the little brother. He is ready to do something. So, all that being said - he was done.
And then there's me. I loved watching my little man play. But, nearing the end of my pregnancy, sitting on a set of bleachers to watch a game, all the while trying to keep Eli entertained, as well as constantly encouraging Silas that it really wasn't that hot, he couldn't be that tired and the game was almost over got tiring after awhile.
So yes, I disgracefully admit that I am thrilled baseball is over. Sorry. I know I'll enjoy it more next season. {bad, bad mommy}
I will say, Silas perked up towards the last week of tee ball when he found out some VERY BIG news. A fellow teammate let him in on a little secret --- he was going to get a trophy. Yes, a trophy.
To Silas, this was the biggest deal imaginable. It was all he could talk about regarding baseball. I used this helpful tidbit of knowledge he gained to try and encourage him that he would only get a trophy if he tried his best. His attitude definitely changed for the better. He tried a littler harder and had a better attitude.
Last night was his team party and he had been talking about it all week. He got his trophy and it was everything he ever could have imagined. He was and still is beaming. He had to bring it to share with his class today at school. Sadly, Daddy is out of town on Senior Retreat with his students, so he couldn't make it - but Silas actually posed for many of photo {by his request} so I could send it to Daddy. He also made him a video when we got home to show him!
Here's a quick video of him receiving his trophy and what his coaches had to say to him.
Watch HERE.
And, here's a few random photos from this week so far.
I'm not sure who was more excited - Silas, Eli or me. Not that it wasn't a great experience and a blast to watch him play. Here's the thing - after going to school all day, the last thing a 6 year old wants to do is go to practice or play a game for an hour and a half. Mind you, many of the other moms were having the same issue with their little darlings - it's just a lot for such a little guy.
Eli, well - at first he loved it. The snack bar was a big hit and the newness of everything was kind of exciting. BUT, there was no one for him to play with and before I knew it, he was tired of going to the games too. Don't get me wrong - there were a zillion siblings out there - it's just that they were all girls. If you know Eli or talk to him about girls, you'll find he's not the biggest fan of them. Girls at this point are boring and like boring things. I think that's why he wanted nothing to do with a sister. I think he would have been devastated and never forgiven me had he found out we were having a girl, rather than a boy. Also, he began to get frustrated at the fact that he wanted to play. He is tired of being the tag-a-long, the one on the sidelines, the little brother. He is ready to do something. So, all that being said - he was done.
And then there's me. I loved watching my little man play. But, nearing the end of my pregnancy, sitting on a set of bleachers to watch a game, all the while trying to keep Eli entertained, as well as constantly encouraging Silas that it really wasn't that hot, he couldn't be that tired and the game was almost over got tiring after awhile.
So yes, I disgracefully admit that I am thrilled baseball is over. Sorry. I know I'll enjoy it more next season. {bad, bad mommy}
I will say, Silas perked up towards the last week of tee ball when he found out some VERY BIG news. A fellow teammate let him in on a little secret --- he was going to get a trophy. Yes, a trophy.
To Silas, this was the biggest deal imaginable. It was all he could talk about regarding baseball. I used this helpful tidbit of knowledge he gained to try and encourage him that he would only get a trophy if he tried his best. His attitude definitely changed for the better. He tried a littler harder and had a better attitude.
Last night was his team party and he had been talking about it all week. He got his trophy and it was everything he ever could have imagined. He was and still is beaming. He had to bring it to share with his class today at school. Sadly, Daddy is out of town on Senior Retreat with his students, so he couldn't make it - but Silas actually posed for many of photo {by his request} so I could send it to Daddy. He also made him a video when we got home to show him!
Here's a quick video of him receiving his trophy and what his coaches had to say to him.
Watch HERE.
And, here's a few random photos from this week so far.
| can't leave out this little guy. here he is a the tee ball party supporting his brother. |
| my Mother's Day necklace Dusty ordered finally came in. LOVE. |
| two weeks to go. I. am. ready. Ha- I also stumbled upon my running shorts today. Boy am I ready to be minus one little bump, put on my vibram's and squeeze back into these. I. want. to. run. again. |
0 Comments