Eli's school birthday.
What's a birthday without celebrating with your friends at school? Though it's not that big of a deal {in terms of planning or being some huge thing}, the boys always get so excited to have their special day at school. They get to bring cupcakes {or something else of their choosing} to school and share with their class. Also, their teachers give them a special birthday hat to wear, of which I'm sure is a huge deal to them, being the center of attention and all.
To be honest, who doesn't like to feel special on their birthday? And I don't know about you, but when I was a kid - my birthday seemed like the biggest deal ever. In living that through the eyes of my kids, their joy is simply contagious and it makes my heart smile to see them so excited.
So, all that being said, today was Eli's big day. We celebrated today since Monday, his actual birthday, happens to be a holiday. But, he didn't know any better. His birthday has kind of been drawn out this year. First, he had his "surprise party", then his "school birthday" and we'll finally celebrate his "real birthday" on Monday. The only problem in doing this with a 4 year old, especially Eli, is that he's really confused as to whether he is 4 or not. People keep asking him and he just doesn't know what to say. Today, he would pause and think a minute, then respond, "Weeellll, it's not my real birthday yet. It's my school birthday. I am four, I guess {with uncertainty} , but I'm going to be four on my real birthday, again." Poor kid. So confused.
In keeping with his "robot theme", Grammy made some delicious cupcakes with robot suckers. Of course, Eli thought it was the greatest thing ever. Here's a few photos from his big day.
To be honest, who doesn't like to feel special on their birthday? And I don't know about you, but when I was a kid - my birthday seemed like the biggest deal ever. In living that through the eyes of my kids, their joy is simply contagious and it makes my heart smile to see them so excited.
So, all that being said, today was Eli's big day. We celebrated today since Monday, his actual birthday, happens to be a holiday. But, he didn't know any better. His birthday has kind of been drawn out this year. First, he had his "surprise party", then his "school birthday" and we'll finally celebrate his "real birthday" on Monday. The only problem in doing this with a 4 year old, especially Eli, is that he's really confused as to whether he is 4 or not. People keep asking him and he just doesn't know what to say. Today, he would pause and think a minute, then respond, "Weeellll, it's not my real birthday yet. It's my school birthday. I am four, I guess {with uncertainty} , but I'm going to be four on my real birthday, again." Poor kid. So confused.
In keeping with his "robot theme", Grammy made some delicious cupcakes with robot suckers. Of course, Eli thought it was the greatest thing ever. Here's a few photos from his big day.





0 Comments