belated Mother's Day thoughts.
![]() |
| They made me a Mom. |
Motherhood is definitely on my mind these days. Not only do I have the two most amazing kids in the world, I'm about to birth another one. I'm so close I can count the number of days on my fingers & toes! I can hardly believe it.
| I am so ready to meet you, Jeremiah. |
Motherhood isn't always glamourous. The ins and outs of everything we moms do doesn't always feel recognized {from the dirty diapers, to the spit up, to the laundry, to re-cleaning the floor you just cleaned because the kids brought in tracks from outside, to making lunches, to bathing and dressing them, to loading them in and out of the car 10 times a day, to running errands with them, to making sure everything is always in it's place, to having a bag that's prepared with snacks, wipes, toys and other essentials, etc. etc. etc.} but the reward is in all of those details. As tiresome, monotonous or mundane as those tasks may sometimes feel, life wouldn't be the same without them. There's so many moments throughout the day that I look at my kids and think, "I'm so blessed. I have THE best job in the world, because I get to raise THESE two kids." When I go into their rooms in the morning to wake them and see them sleeping peacefully, I just want to squeeze them. When the first thing Silas tells me when he wakes is, "I love you, Mom. Can I give you a hug and a kiss?", my heart goes pitter patter. When Eli tells me, "Mom, you're so beautiful" it takes my breath away. Though motherhood can be demanding and sometimes exhausting, the hugs, the kisses, the "I love you's", the smiles and giggles and the every day moments spent together are what make everything worth it.
I got such a kick out of all the Mother's Day festivities because they were so excited to do something special for me on "my day". They were both so thrilled to surprise me with their Mother's day songs at school that they could barely contain themselves. And their gifts - they couldn't wait to give them. On the "real Mother's Day", as Eli referred to it, he told me, "Mom. It's your special day."
| flowers the boys made at church. They came attached with a note that says why they love me. Silas said, "because you are sweet." Eli said, "because you hug me, kiss me and get me food." |
| Flower pens they made in art class. |
Dusty did an amazing job at making me feel special this year. His gift {or, "the boy's gift"} was really sweet. He got me a necklace that has three layered discs, each increasing in size and a different color metal with their names, "Silas, Eli & Jeremiah" inscribed on it. He also bought a basket and filled it with things that I love and get this -- he even picked out a baby outfit. Don't tell him, but this was probably my favorite. I don't know why. Just the thought of him walking down the baby aisle and buying an outfit makes me smile.
| Baby outfits from Daddy. |
All that being said, I could not imagine a life without being a mommy. I cannot fathom a world without Silas and Eli in it. They are both so unique and so perfectly a part of our puzzle, my world would not be complete void of them. Of course, sometimes I get caught up in senseless things like the fact that they made a mess or they're being too loud or wishing they would just stop wrestling for even 5 minutes so I can have two minutes of sanity. But when it really comes down to it, I'll take the messes, the dirt, the refereeing, the stinky boy smell, the pee all over the bathroom floor and toilet, the handprints on my freshly painted walls, half the sandbox from the school being dumped on my freshly swept/mopped floors, the legos, trains and dinosaurs scattered throughout the house, the constant need for something whether it be a snack or drink or help turning on the tv, the getting out of bed 5 times after being put to bed and even the arguing -- I'll take those things everyday, because that means I'm a mom. And I know enough to realize that I'll miss every bit of it one day when they are grown.
So, I thank God for making me a mom - and not just a mom, but for choosing me to mother Silas, Eli and Jeremiah. Thank you, Dusty, for helping me raise these two {almost three} little messes. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for loving and putting up with me. Thank you, Mom, for showing me how to be a mom. Thank you, Silas, Eli and Jeremiah, for making my world complete. I love you more than I could ever say and more than words could adequately express.
Happy {belated} Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
| less than three weeks to go. |

0 Comments