mother's tea 2012
Today was our annual Mother's Tea. The boy's were beyond thrilled and have been talking about it all week. They were so excited to give me my gift and sing their special song they've been working on for weeks now.
Eli had a little bit of a hard time keeping it a secret. He almost caved by giving me a hint last night telling me his song was about "Mommy Loves Me". {If you watch the video below, you'll realize that's a pretty big hint!} He also informed me that he was singing in the Chapel and I had to be quiet and sit still while in there, or I'd just have to leave. I could whisper his name though and he would smile and wave. {Yes, he demonstrated with his ear to ear grin and silly wave, making me laugh hysterically.}
As beautiful and perfect as the Mother's Tea is, I was equally glad it was over! It is A LOT of work and has particularly exhausted me this week. The entire year cummulates to this one big event. We've been working on it for over a year now, and are already in the works for next year. We present the new theme to the teachers during In-Service in August, so it really has to be planned by then. Needless to say, by the time the actual event arrives, I'm over the current theme and geared up for the next. If I see any more aqua in the near future, I just may scream. Kidding, kidding. It seriously was beautiful and I'm so glad I get to be a part of such a neat event. All the mother's adore it, tearing up over their kid's song to them and are able to enjoy a special day all about them. It's an honor to be a part of such an amazing thing.
Here's a few photos and the VIDEO from the big day.
And if you wish, here's the VIDEO of my two nieces singing their song :)
Eli had a little bit of a hard time keeping it a secret. He almost caved by giving me a hint last night telling me his song was about "Mommy Loves Me". {If you watch the video below, you'll realize that's a pretty big hint!} He also informed me that he was singing in the Chapel and I had to be quiet and sit still while in there, or I'd just have to leave. I could whisper his name though and he would smile and wave. {Yes, he demonstrated with his ear to ear grin and silly wave, making me laugh hysterically.}
As beautiful and perfect as the Mother's Tea is, I was equally glad it was over! It is A LOT of work and has particularly exhausted me this week. The entire year cummulates to this one big event. We've been working on it for over a year now, and are already in the works for next year. We present the new theme to the teachers during In-Service in August, so it really has to be planned by then. Needless to say, by the time the actual event arrives, I'm over the current theme and geared up for the next. If I see any more aqua in the near future, I just may scream. Kidding, kidding. It seriously was beautiful and I'm so glad I get to be a part of such a neat event. All the mother's adore it, tearing up over their kid's song to them and are able to enjoy a special day all about them. It's an honor to be a part of such an amazing thing.
Here's a few photos and the VIDEO from the big day.
And if you wish, here's the VIDEO of my two nieces singing their song :)
![]() |
| take 1, take 2, take 3. |
![]() |
| take 1, take 2, take 3. they are SO hard taking photos. |
| Mother's Tea belly. 4 weeks to go. |
| the view looking down :) |




0 Comments