Happy Birthday (Party) to Eli.

Eli's 3rd birthday party = success!


Whew!  {deep sigh of relief}


So, Eli and Maddy had their long awaited birthday party today.  They're a year and a week apart and since May is an insanely crazy month and they love one other to pieces, why not have a joint birthday party?  I have a feeling this will be in the works for years to come -- last year began the tradition.  Eli's actual birthday is next Saturday, but I feel kind of relieved the party is over.  I am such a stresser.  A total psychotic Type A that cannot relax until things are done.  Melanie tells me to "relax" and "calm down" but, that just doesn't seem to help.  Good thing we balance one another out, because she is totally the opposite!  I think we're a great team - although, I probably drive her a little nuts :)


Last year we did Mickey and Minnie Mouse.  Easy enough theme to pull off, right?  Well, this year, somehow we had to combine Optimus Prime and Tangled.  Last year they both loved Mickey and Minnie.  This year, they weren't budging.  In fact, Eli has been set on an Optimus Prime birthday for months now.  He had it all planned out - the pinata being an essential element for his party.  He insisted.  To be honest, I think once he figured out that Silas had a "dinosaur birthday" and got tons of dinosaur toys, he realized he would get lots of Optimus Prime stuff.  And don't worry folks, he hit the jackpot.  


So anyway - back to combining the two themes.  I had no idea what this invitation was going to look like.  There were several rough drafts that looked a bit ridiculous.  Finally, I came up with this.  And from there - we went with it.



As you can see from the photos, we split everything in half.  We had one table for Maddy and one table for E.  In the end, I think we pulled it off gracefully.  I think my favorite part was tying in the flag banner from the invitation to the decor.  I just realized, as I was editing, that I never got a photo of the entire thing.  There were balloons and the whole set-up looked great - but... you get the idea!

water bottle labels. 
These were taped to the table, so the kids could color. 


goodie bags. 
































he had a slight meltdown. (see tear)  it was past nap-time 



the pinata.


a little embarrassed while everyone was singing. 

make a wish. 






transformers.

So yeah - now that that's over, we have some stuff up our sleeves for the rest of the week.  After all, Silas had quite the little birthday extravaganza.  A birthday is not a birthday without Disneyland.  We are surprising E and heading up tomorrow.  Of course we'll celebrate at school on Friday and then next Saturday I'm sure we'll do something as a family.  Perhaps, Seaworld?  We'll see.  I can't believe my little "baby" is 3 and am so excited to celebrate him this week.  

  

1 Comments

  1. I can't not believe you two pulled off such opposite themes. It looks AMAZING!

    I think I will say this every year but can you believe it's been over THREE years since we chatted on I am pregnant? Crazy!

    And, can you be any more awesome on the computer?! What do you use to design their invites? I have Sawyer and Charlottes birthday in two weeks. I SHOULD maybe be planning it now? Their "theme" is along the lines of Old Fashion Lemonade Stand. Geoff is building a lemonade stand... and that is all I got so far!

    ReplyDelete