An Afternoon Detour

Spontaneous.


That was this afternoon.  Don't get the wrong idea - I didn't have some super exciting and brilliant plan to have loads of fun.  Rather, it came out of not knowing what to do for the afternoon.  I didn't have my running clothes, so I couldn't go to the lake.  It isn't warm enough to swim, so that ruled out the pool (which is what we've been doing the past few weeks) and I ran all my errands yesterday.  As always, I had my camera in my bag....soooo, being the photo obsessed person that I am, I had an idea to capture some shots of my two little studs.  Shocking, I know.  Don't my kids hate me and my camera by now?


BUT, here's the fun part.  There's a trolley stop off Spring Street in La Mesa that has an old train.  In the words of Si, spoken perfectly with my dad's Texas drawl, "It. is. AWESOME!!!"  We've been there before and the boys love, love, love it.  So, why not capture some photos while they play?  Of course they posed for a few, but mostly they got to run around, climb in and pretend to be the engineer of the train.  Neither were ready to go when we did, but both boys needed to go potty.  I promised we would go back.  And, we shall.














0 Comments