Disneyland.
There is a system - basically, a way to do Disneyland. If you would have showed up at 12:30 p.m. when we were leaving today, you could've stayed until closing (midnight) and not have done all that we did in 4.5 hours. The key is getting to the park when it opens. Typically, we would get a hotel in Anaheim and dart over to the park. Seeing as how we had Eli's birthday party yesterday and we were pretty beat, we opted not to do that. That meant we had to get up super duper early and leave our house by 6:15 a.m. Totally worth it, I promise.
So -- Silas' favorite ride is Space Mountain. The line for this can be ridiculous. It is probably one of, if not the best rides at the park. Eli's favorite ride is Buzz Lightyear. Luckily, they're pretty much side by side. We also have a system for this. Since Eli is not yet tall enough for Space Mountain, one of us takes Si and the other takes Eli. I prefer to take Eli.
Why? Secretly, this is my favorite ride. Basically, there are targets that you shoot with a laser gun and you get so many points depending on which target you shoot. There may or may not be secrets to this game. There may or may not be hidden targets within the game that you have to know about. Let's just say, I know the secrets. My goal to score as many points possible, while continually beating my personal best. So, while Eli is having his fun - maybe scoring 1,000 points, I'm having my own fun. After the game, you're given a level, 1 - 7. My goal is to get to a level 7. So far, I've made it to level 6. I'm not sure Dusty has even done this. At least I know he hasn't beat my high score yet. Oh, you don't think I'm bragging, do you?? Certainly not. I wouldn't do that.
 |
| me and e riding buzz. |
 |
| today's high score - level 6 |
 |
| i did ride space mountain with si. |
 |
| daddy and si on space mountain. |
 |
| mommy and si on space mountain. |
All that to say, within the first hour, Silas rode Space Mountain 3 times and Eli rode Buzz 5 times. Not too shabby. We also rode the "dinosaur train", Pirates, Dumbo, the carousel, Pinnochio, Soaring over California, the Bug's Life rides, etc. By 12:30 p.m., there was no point in staying any longer. We did the boy's favorites and it was getting so crowded it was getting hard to maneuver in and out of all the people. Disneyland was bad enough, but when California Adventure, particularly the Bug's Life section, is busy - you know it's packed.
So, that's how we roll. Here's another handy tip. If you stay at one of the Disney hotels, you're able to get into the park an hour before the park opens. Basically, with our determination and mega speed, we can work the whole park. It's pure awesomeness. We're doing this in three weeks -- we already have the hotel reserved. Can't wait.
If you haven't figured it out, we love Disneyland. Love it. We were home by 2:00 p.m. and still have half of the day. Pretty good if you ask me - especially if you consider the hour and a half car ride both ways.
 |
| dinosaur train. |
 |
| our hero. mine and eli's, that is. |
 |
| birthday boy. |
 |
| daddy love. |
 |
| these boys sure love dumbo. |
 |
| either he is number #, the ride is, or he is saying the horsey goes up. |
 |
| fun on the carousel. |
 |
| the sword in the stone. |
 |
| puuuuull. |
 |
| the castle. |
One quick story I forgot about. I had told Silas before riding Space Mountain that he would have to protect me. I was teasing him, pretending to be scared. He told me, "It's okay momma. You just have to be brave." As we continued to the ride, he gave me all kinds of helpful instructions about what to do.
I giggled after we got off because he said the following - "See, mom. I told you you don't have to be scared. You were so brave and you did it. Next time, you will be able to ride it without holding my hand. Good job."
The people behind me were giggling too.
0 Comments