Surfing Batman & Cookie Decorating

Just because Batman wears a cape and fights bad guys doesn't mean he can't have a little fun, right?  


So --- we were watching Backyardigans, Eli was playing with his Batman cave and Silas decided he wanted to put on his Batman costume.  The Backyardigan's episode we were watching had to do with surfing.  Silas suddenly recalled that he got a "surf board" for his birthday.  Naturally, he wanted to surf.


The surf board came out of the closet, Batman stepped on said surf board and proceeded to demonstrate his mad surfing skills.  He gave pretty elaborate instructions with his demonstration.  Now, if the time ever comes, I will need no further instructions on how to surf.  I just took Surfing101.


And that, my friends, is how Batman came to surf.








Later, we decorated cookies.  By decorating, I mean they licked the icing almost faster than it could be spread on the cookies.  I tried to let them spread the icing themselves, but that only resulted in licking the icing off the spoon, rather than spreading it on the cookies.  The next step of decorating involved sprinkles.  Silas meticulously sprinkled each color - blue, orange, yellow and green - with great care on separate regions of his cookie.  Eli practically dumped the entire container of sprinkles on his one cookie.  He only wanted "red", a.k.a orange, sprinkles.  We're working on his colors, don't you worry.


And that, is decorating cookies with a 2 and 5 year old.  Fun times, fun times.






0 Comments