A new TV. Sweet Love. Xbox. Art.

So remember when our TV decided to blow up?  Okay, not literally - but it died so abruptly, it may as well have.  


Well, we finally got a new one and it is all Dusty has talked about the past few days.  If I hear, "What do you think of the picture?"  one more time, I just don't know what I'll do.   Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled that he is so excited about it and know for a fact he was secretly excited when the old TV self destructed.  But let's be honest -- I appreciate that it looks nice, but whether it's 1080p or HD or whatever the heck the resolution is, I just don't care.  I wish I did, only because I guess that would be exciting to him.  However, it'd be like me asking Dusty to go shopping for make-up and expect him to care or have an opinion.  That being said - the new TV is great - spectacular, even.  Yay for the new TV.  Now, can I just watch it?  


The TV.
Sweet Love.  I'd love to hear some guesses as to who or what Sweet Love could be before I give it away, but I can't.  So, I'll just tell you.  Sweet Love is Silas' snake.  Yep, he named his snake Sweet Love.  Dusty took the boys to the Dollar Tree one night last week and he picked out a toy snake that grows when you put it in water.  Supposedly, it takes 96 hours for the snake to reach it's maximum growth.  We watched.  We waited.  Every day, Silas asked to look at his snake to see if it had grown any more.  After the 96th hour, we decided to take the snake out of it's bucket and dry it off.  Silas proceeded to name it Sweet Love.  I have no idea what goes through his head, but I sure do love that sweet boy.  He is my sweet love.  
 
Sweet Love.

Xbox.  Oh. good. grief.  WHAT have we done?  Rather, what has Dusty done?  


Let me explain.  The Xbox and I are not friends.  When we were first married, Dusty had one in Chicago and would play Xbox live sometimes into the wee hours of the morning.  I wouldn't mind except we were in a studio apartment and when playing with his cousins, things could get pretty... exciting... and loud.  I have to say, I am not all that pleasant when my sleep is interrupted.  Eventually, after not playing it for awhile, he and the Xbox parted ways.  Then, he got a new one.  Dusty has had said Xbox in his office for years that he plays with his students.  Don't worry, not during class time, of course.  


Anyway, Silas had no clue what an Xbox was - that is, until Saturday night when Dusty brought it home to set up to the new TV, with the AMAZING picture.  And now, Silas thinks it's the most spectacular thing he's ever laid eyes on.  "It's THE BEST GAME EVER!  It's better than the Wii.  It's better than the iPhone.  It's better than the iPad.  IT. IS. THE. GREATEST. THING. IN. THE. WORLD."  Can you tell he's enthusiastic about it?!  Let's just say, I can already tell there will have to be a daily time limit for Xbox use.  It's the first thing he asked Dusty when he walked in the door today.  And by first thing, I mean he ran to the door, jumping up and down, pleading to play.  "Ohhhh, Dad!  You're right on time.  This is perfect.  Can we PLLLEEEEEAAASEEE play the Xbox now??!?!"  PLEASE?!"  


Good grief.  


There are no other words.



Eli just being cute.

Art.  Today, Silas decided he wanted to paint.  So, paint we did.  I happened to have these cute little sun catchers in my kitchen drawer, so I set the boys up with their own set and they were off.  I have to say, Silas has always had an incredible attention span and loves the little details - but Eli - he is my little artist.  He is so meticulous and takes great care in his work.  I love watching him at work.  Of course, I grabbed the camera and took a few photos.  Well, more than a few - but they were just being so cute and of course their work is brilliant.  Every mom thinks her kid's arts & crafts is just that - a true work of art.  And now, without further ado - for your very own enjoyment...
The sun catchers. 
The paint. 
Ready to begin. 
This is his look of concentration. 



A shot from above. 
Pure joy. 
Full concentration. 
Oops, paint on my hands. 
The completed work.  Eli's on the left, Silas' on the right.

2 Comments

  1. XBox. Haha. Oh how I hate XBox. HATE. I know it's a strong word but really. Really.

    The only fights Geoff and I get into is over the XBox. Did you guys get kinect? Geoff tried to win me over with kinect but I'm not a video games girl. Give me boggle over any video game ANY day.

    Love the pics as usual.

    AND speaking of pictures, guess who might not get her camera tomorrow? Huge wildfire here, the road to our house is only open to residents right now and they are evacuating a bunch of people ten miles below us. :( Geoff said he had to drive through major smoke yesterday so not sure Fedex will make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no kinect!!

    I am right there with you. HATE Xbox, hate video games. Gosh, I need a girl in thus house of boys :)

    Nooooo! I saw about the fires but that would be so sad!! Can you pick it up at FedEx if they can't deliver? That's just wrong. I hope you get it. Let me know!

    How close is the fire to you and is it being contained? Oh the joys of living where there's fires. Dusty and I always joke about fire season (typically in Oct.) bc a few years ago there were some crazy ones and we were off work a few days and it was all kind of exciting.. That sounds so wrong!! Anyway, hope everythings okay around you guys!!

    ReplyDelete