Disney, Rango & Ice Cream Cones
We had the Disneyland itch again. I mean, come on - it has been a couple of weeks since we graced Disney with our presence. So naturally, we had to go.
Friday, we met at the house around noon (after school and a half day at work) and were off. Things were looking good. We were in Anaheim by 2:00 p.m., the boys were ecstatic and the park didn't look too busy. We parked in the Mickey parking structure and were unloading the boys. Dusty looked at me and suddenly, I knew there was a problem.
Uh oh. Eli had an accident while he was sleeping. What to do? Seriously, he hasn't had an accident in well over a month - maybe longer. The first month or so of potty training, I carried an extra change of clothes in my purse - just in case - but haven't seen the need to in quite some time. I happened to have a pull-up because I brought that and some jammies to change him into before heading home. I figured they would probably fall asleep in the car on the way home and this would allow me to carry them inside, still asleep, without worrying about changing them out of their clothes/shoes. So the good news was I had dry underpants. The bad news was his jeans were completely drenched and he was so. very. upset. "Those are not clean. Those are not clean. I don't want those... {scream, scream, scream}"
I was hoping since he had on pull-ups, which would at least keep his bottom dry, that he'd momentarily forget his legs were drenched and all would be good in the world again when he realized where we were. Deep down, I knew we could not leave him like that - but again, what to do? I felt awful, I just needed a solution. In the back of my mind I was thinking we could probably find something in one of the gift shops. Granted, it would be insanely over priced, but any good parent cannot justify letting their kid sit in their own pee all day.
We spotted a QuickSilver in Downtown Disney and figured it was worth a shot. Luckily the window said "Now selling kid sizes". Score! We walked to the back of the store and saw the toddler jeans hanging on a rack. I spotted the tag. Here was the moment of truth. Da da da dum. I turned it over. $36.00. Cheapest thing I could find in the store. Well Eli, I guess you're getting $36.00 jeans. Definitely a bump up from Old Navy or Marshall's - I'm not sure I've ever paid more than $16 for a pair of kid's jeans, but this was our only option. I took Eli to the bathroom to change him and as we walked out he announced to Dusty, "I all better now. I all better. Mommy fixed it."
We finally made it inside the park and darted for our #1 spot - the Buzz Lightyear ride and Space Mountain. They're right in the same area and happen to be Eli and Silas' favorites. We spotted Buzz and the ride was shut down. Great. We had to tell Eli that Buzz was sleeping. We walked to Space Mountain and it was also temporarily shut down for technical problems. Seriously?? Dusty looked at me and said something to the effect of, "This isn't exactly going as planned." I couldn't agree more. We weren't off to the best start. But that wouldn't stop us from having fun! We made our trip around Disney, riding all our favorites and did eventually make it on Buzz and Space Mountain. Success.
Saturday, we had another family day. We took the boys to see Rango, ate dinner at Chili's and went to McDonald's for dessert. Rango was very cute, but the best part was watching the boys during the movie. They were oh so adorable sitting in their very own seats, munching on popcorn and laughing hysterically at times. Chili's - well, let's just say it was interesting. They boys were a bit hyper and I don't know about Dusty, but I was glad to get out of there. For me, the best part of the day was the ice cream at McDonald's. Ice cream is not something I would ever order. In fact, I told Dusty I didn't want any - that is, until I saw the nutrition on the sign. It read - "Ice Cream cone - 150 Calories". What?? 150 Calories for that big ice cream cone? It had to be wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Just to be sure, I pulled up Safari on my iPhone to double check the nutrition on their website. I was sure it was a mistake. Apparently not. AND, it's only 4.5 grams of fat. I can do 150 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. What the heck - I may start getting ice cream everyday. Hey, why not two?
Okay, I am kidding about that, but to me - this was an amazing find. I'm all about tasty goodness that doesn't exhaust my calorie count for the day. Sorry, but yes, I do care about calories, how much I intake and burn. I'm all about fitness.
So that brings us to today. We went to church and then came home for lunch. I particularly enjoyed church today - the message was really great and just what I needed to hear. We typically eat out on Sundays, but came home since we've had such a busy weekend. Now, we're just relaxing and getting things ready for the upcoming week. Silas is boxing on the Wii and Eli is currently jumping on my bed and running back and forth between his room and mine. I just love Sundays. There's no rush, not much to be done and lately, I occasionally squeeze in a nap. The only thing that could make this day better is another 150 calorie ice cream cone. If anyone wants to volunteer to bring me one, I'd have no problem with that!
Happy Sunday, everyone.
1 Comments
I need a picture of Eli modeling his $36 pair of jeans! :)
ReplyDelete