Superbowl Sunday Festivities
Disneyland - take 1,543,238,010
Shocking, I know, but we went to Disney again. It all started with the thought that perhaps Disneyland wouldn't be all that crowded on Super Bowl Sunday. After all, isn't it practically a National Holiday?
Having no interest in either of the teams who made it to the Big Game, we decided we would not mind missing it in hopes that our theory was correct. Boy were we ever wrong.
It. was. PACKED.
Luckily, it's always a party at Disneyland and we had a blast anyway.
Sunday morning I woke up early and got everything ready to go. We went to the 9:00 service, rather than our usual time at 11:00. Afterwards, we loaded the boys in the car and were on our way. I had packed lunches so we wouldn't have buy more than one meal, since we would need lunch and dinner. The boys were a bit curious as to why we were eating in the car, but we simply told them we were having a "picnic in the car". I set up the iPad with one of their favorite shows to distract them. Oh yes - did I mention the boys had absolutely no clue we were going? We decided to surprise them and their reaction was absolutely priceless when they finally discovered our little secret. Even when Silas began to notice our surroundings, I tried to sway him that Daddy must have gotten lost and needed his help to find the way home. When we eventually pulled into the parking structure, cheers ensued. They. went. berserk.
Awesome.
I could give boring details about the riding of our usual rides, but really the only important thing is this - in terms of Disneyland, we have now opened Pandora's box. Where we typically stick to the more kid friendly rides - Dumbo, Peter Pan, the train, Buzz Lightyear, Bug's Land - you get the idea - on this trip, we introduced Silas to Space Mountain. Space Mountain. He thinks its the greatest ride that ever existed. The only problem is Eli is not big enough yet - which is why we have chosen to go this route. Granted, Eli is a mere inch away from the required 40" height requirement, so we're almost there. I can already foresee the conversation between us and Silas the next time we're at Disney. "Momma, can we ride Space Mountain, Pweeeease??! Pwease, Pwease, Pweeeease? It's my FAVORITE!!" "But Si, Eli is not big enough to ride, Why don't we ride Buzz?" "That's okay, Mom. You can ride with me and Daddy take Eli to Buzz. That sounds like a great idea. Pwease???"
Maybe we'll hold off on Thunder Mountain, the Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, etc. for the time being. What I can't wait for is when they're tall enough to ride Indian Jones and the Tower of Terror, two of my personal favorites. Now that I mention it, I'm not sure I've ridden Indiana Jones since having kids. That's Disneyland with kids, my friends - you must make sacrifices. In any case, my whole point is this - there is still an entire world for our boys to uncover at Disneyland. They already think it's great. Just wait until they discover all the hidden treasures Disney really has to offer.
Of course, a family outing is not an outing without the camera. I snagged a few shots, some with my camera and a couple with my phone, of which I know you're dying to see.
So, to quickly recap:
1. Superbowl Sunday is NOT a good day to go to Disney.
2. Space Mountain is "AWESOME"
3. Disneyland is indeed the greatest place in the world.
![]() |
| With my silly boys in front of the castle. |
![]() |
| Watching Silas ride the rapids ride. |
![]() |
| He looks a bit scared. |
![]() |
| But apparently he LOVED it. |
![]() |
| After the ride. |
| Silas and cousin Jake getting ready to ride Space Mountain. |
![]() |
| Not big enough for Space Mountain, so mommy got him Mickey suckers. |
![]() |
| I think it worked. |
![]() |
| Yummy Goodness. |
| Tuckered out. Sleeping while waiting to ride Buzz. |
| My two love bugs once we got home. They were done in. |
Oh yes. One more thing. I could live not watching the Superbowl without even a second thought. BUT, you better believe I wasn't about to miss GLEE. So don't you worry. We were home in time to watch. It's all about priorities.








0 Comments