Valentine's.
This was always one of my least favorite holidays. Now that I have kids, I've decided to make it extra special. At least this year anyway...
Let me explain how I got myself into this mess. I had completely forgotten the Valentine's party at school was coming up. Until Thursday. Ugh. Great. Now I have to go buy 48 Valentine's for Si and 20 for Eli, tear all the perforated cards, write their names a zillion times and attach the candy. Though I was not all that excited about the task at hand, I knew I had to do it anyway. Then, out of no where - I had a genius idea.
I would buy candy that need not be attached to a card, and just make a label. It would read:
"To my friend, Love Silas."
I went to Target and made my picks. I'd would attach the label and voila! A Valentine.
Then, I got to thinking. This is where I typically get myself into trouble. I could made a customized label for both boys, depending on what they wanted. I asked Silas, and seeing that he's all into dinosaurs lately with the upcoming Dinosaur-themed birthday, he chose Dinos. And you guessed it - Eli wanted the very same thing!
So, I made my own label template since I was making my design in Pages and went to it. I came up with 6 different labels for Si's and 4 for Eli's. See photos below.
Then, I got to thinking again. I needed to do something for their teachers. A new project ensued. I wasn't sure what I would do, so I went to the store for inspiration. Rather than explain, I'll just post the photos.
 |
| First, purchase Sweethearts. Who doesn't love these?! |
 |
| Find a cute container to put them in. |
 |
| And, fill them up! |
 |
| A close-up. |
 |
| Attach a darling photo of your B.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. children. |
 |
| And voila! A cute Valentine, perfect for any teacher. |
 |
| Eli's Valentine's |
 |
| The labels I made for Silas' Valentine's. |
 |
| Completed Valentine's. |
 |
| Silas' Valentine's. |
 |
| Package Valentine's and you're done! |
 |
And you can also enjoy my lovely flowers Dusty brought home this morning!
Okay, story-time.
Eli just woke up from his nap and wanted some Sweethearts. I gave him a handful. After a moment, he walked over to me and asked, "Is dis my name?"
No, Eli. "That says, 'Be mine'. This one says 'you and me' and that one says 'kiss me'"
He picked up another heart, held it out towards me and said, "Momma, dis one says, "Go to Disneyland.'"
Gotta love him!
And finally, one last explanation. In case you're wondering about all these photos I've been posting - they're all from my phone. It's a new app I've become a little obsessed with. I've been without my camera a lot lately because Dusty has needed it for some projects at work. I say "my" camera, but it's really "ours". So anyway, this has been getting me by. While making my Valentine's I was too lazy to grab my camera because then I'd have to edit. And really, I'd love to just sit down and relax. So there's my laziness for you. And now, a few more for your enjoyment...
1. My cutie patootie taking over my smoothie. 2. Silas with his new Wii steering wheel for his new game. 3. Riding in the car.
|
0 Comments