Before we left the school, Brady decided he wanted to ride in my car. Eli then decided that he wanted to ride with Auntie Nichole, so we did a little switch. The car ride over was quite amusing. I mean, I listen to my boys chit chat everyday - but Brady and Silas were a riot. Brady was trying to tell Silas jokes and Silas didn't really know what a joke was.
B - "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
S - "Because he needed to pee? Eat food? Get a snack? I don't know."
B - "...to get to the other....???"
S - "side?" (Silence.) "okay."
He didn't really get it - but then started making up his own "jokes". We had an amusing 30 minute car ride discussing what the boys would be for Halloween, ninjas, and superheroes. Silas told Brady the story of how he turned into a superhero robot when a magic dragon bit him on his arm when he was born. There was a relentless persuasion by Brady to use my iPhone to play games or watch a movie, a talk about manners, icee's and birthday parties. I think I could have listened all day.
We made it to Aunt Jen's and the swimming began. Three hours later, we headed home. I think the photos tell the story well enough, so enjoy.
 |
| Brady and Silas in my car. |
 |
| Eli crashed in the car and lounged by the pool for a short nap. |
 |
| My water bug. |
 |
| Awake. Claiming the shark. |
 |
| 8 kids in a hot tub. |
 |
| Happy in the hot tub. |
 |
| baby Lucas. |
 |
| happy. sad. |
 |
| Silas in the hot tub. |
 |
| Post swimming love. |
 |
| Wrapped in our towels. |
 |
| Now time to ride the quads. |
0 Comments