Reason #438 Why Every Mom Should Have a Little Boy
"Mommy, you're the best girl I know!!"
Okay, okay all you moms of girls - I have no idea what it's like having a girl. BUT, I absolutely cannot fathom life without my two little boys. And here's why...
Why I couldn't live without Silas -
* For starters, the above statement. For now, he thinks I rule the world and that's the most awesome feeling in the world. How do you beat that?
* In the car yesterday he told me, "Mommy, I love you so much! When I say "I love you", you say "I love you" back and then I say "I love you" again, because I just really really loved you. Isn't that crazy??"
* Since having watched Toy Story 3 he insists, "Mommy, I will never, ever, ever go to college. You know why? Because I don't want to ever leave you. Ever."
* "Mom, at school when you kiss me all my friends say, 'Ewwwwwwwww. That's gross.' I just tell them to stop. That's my mom." (p.s. - he's the one who has to give me a hug and kiss before saying goodbye)
* Case in point - he just looked over at me and said, "Mommy, I love you because you're a girl and you're beautiful."
* He is so sweet natured. Most of the time when I ask him to do something he'll respond with, "Sure, I will." or "Of course I can." Of course he has his moments where he's a stink, but overall he has a very soft and sincere heart.
* "Mommy, I love you and daddy and E the best. We are best friends, right? We're a family."
Why I couldn't live without Eli -
* When he wakes up, most often he'll announce, "It's Eliiii!!"
* Lately he'll get a kick out of running in circles, laughing hysterically. He's easy to please, that one.
* When asked, "Eli, how old are you?" he responds, "Ummmmmmm... (Sheepish grin) ...I cute!"
* When he doesn't want to sleep in his bed he cries, "Mommy, I need you. I lay next to you?"
* Today in the store, while checking out he looked at the people in front of us and said, "I a good boy. I got dinosaur train at mommy's house."
* I couldn't live my life without hearing him say, "I luuu you!!!" with the biggest grin imaginable plastered on his face.
* Also, his kisses. He is quite the little smoocher. I'm gonna have to run off all the girls.
* He just licked my face. He's Scooby Doo..
Yesterday morning I was sitting on the floor while Eli was climbing all over me, being his cute and irresistible self. I was running late but had stopped to spend a few moments before I started getting ready. It was one of those moments where I consciously stopped and thought - "Wow. I am so lucky. I have the best kids in the world." My heart is so full of love and I'm ever so thankful to have the privilege of being a mommy to my Si and my E.
My cup runneth over.
Boys in my House
"There are boys in my house - and Spiderman shoes
And 200 papers in various blues.
There's Bob (he's a builder) and Thomas the Train,
There's a fireman coat to wear in the rain.
They have cars on their shirts and frogs on their hats
There's a glove and a ball and a red plastic bat.
There's dirt on a face and a smudge on a nose;
Grass stains on knees and sand between toes.
There's bath time at night with bodies to scrub,
And when we're all done there is dirt in the tub!
There's bandaids and bruises and curious bumps,
There's smiles and laughter and sometimes there's grumps.
There's odors most icky; there's boogers so green
There's more yucky things than I'll ever get clean.
There's piles of laundry; there's stories at night;
There's bedtime and bathtime and dinnertime fights.
There's cars and there's trains and there's books about trucks
There's Scoop, Lofty, Dizzy, and Travis, and Muck.
Sometimes there are bugs, and sometimes there are frogs;
Sometimes they are lions, or dinos, or dogs.
There are cute little vests and darling neckties
Dragged right through the mud - oh what a surprise!
There's running and climbing and jumping and falling
And laughing and crying and hugging and brawling
And rolling and losing and finding and creeping
And whining and stealing and sometimes there's sleeping.
There's tantrums and time outs and extra loud noise -
There's love in my house shaped like two little boys."

1 Comments
Beautiful poem=)
ReplyDelete