Lots of things going on in my head today.
Silas' birthday, for one. What to do? Let's be honest, the first couple years, kid's don't really know much about their birthday - they just don't get what's going on. We celebrated and made a big deal, but I obviously picked the theme, made the invitations and planned everything. For birthdays #3 and #4, Silas had an opinion about what kind of party he wanted. For his 3rd birthday, he was all into "Maverick" airplanes, so we had airplane party. Last year was all about Batman. This year, I was thinking of having it a little more low key - perhaps the four of us celebrating at Disneyland. But guess what? He wants a party, with everyone, at Peter Piper Pizza. Guess I gotta get it figured out.
In thinking about his birthday, the word "five" keeps haunting me. Five is BIG. Five is no where close to a baby. Five means Kindergarten. Five makes me want to cry.
I know I can't stop it. I know being sad doesn't do any good. But come on, I'm a mom and every mom winces at the thought of her babies growing up. That's just how it works. Don't judge.
In trying to figure out what exactly we're going to do for a p.a.r.t.y, I thought I should at least snap a few photos for an invitation. There's so many things I could say about my SWEET and WONDERFUL boy. But, I'll let the photos tell the story, because this is so Silas.
 |
| He is sweeter than I could ever describe. So, genuinely kind hearted. |
 |
| He's mischievous, |
 |
| He's a ham. |
 |
| He is playful. |
 |
| He is full of imagination. |
 |
| He's beautiful! Okay, okay - Handsome : |
 |
He can be very innocent :)
What's going on in the world of Eli? Well, sometimes we just don't know. He's a hysterical little mess - our family comedian. If you know him, his personality shines in this photo. Mischievous. Happy. Monster Trucks. That's all you need to know.
|
 |
| Eli's Lucky Charms BEFORE |
 |
AFTER
And lastly, a photo shoot. Lately, all I want to do is take pictures - almost like an ache inside of me. Photography, to me, is so many things. It's capturing personalities. It's making time stand still, particularly in regards to my boys. It's memories - moments in time I can never have back. It's an escape. It's challenging myself to be better. It's a passion. What it's not is how good or not good I am. Everyone has their own eye and opinion. Of course, I desire to continuously learn and be better - but so much more than that, it's become a part of me. It's something I love that brings out parts of me that I didn't know were there. It's an expression of me. Maybe that seems a little deep. Years ago I probably would have rolled my eyes hearing something like that. But now, I get it. Being able to produce art is such a beautiful thing. It's not about me - it's about beauty - God's beauty. For example, I cannot look at my boys and not thank God for each and every moment of their existence. I look at them and see such a glorious example of his creation. I drive the freeways of San Diego amongst the hills, the ocean and witness glorious sunsets and see the artwork of God. I capture the wonder of a pregnant woman and think of the true miracle of life inside her. It's captivating. It makes me long to capture it over and over again. Below are a few photos from my latest shoot, but first a few Scriptures regarding His magnificent creation.
"Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:7-10
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." Psalm 19:1-4; cf. Psalm 97:6
"Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made." Romans 1:20
|










1 Comments
Beautiful--I love reading your words and seeing your photos. I remember the whole year before you started Kindergarten, I was grieving ! Your dad couldn't figure out why. You can't stop it; you wouldn't want your children to not grow physically, spiritually and emotionally, but does it have to happen so fast? How can baby Silas be turning 5?
ReplyDelete