Disney.
Or more accurately stated, Disneyland.
When Silas could barely even talk, he would proclaim, "Di-ney!!" The boy was a bit slow on his speech, but had his priorities in order. He knew Disneyland and he knew it well. It's basically like our second home.
Prior to the last 10 months, we've pretty much always had passes. The big joke was how often Dusty and I went to Disneyland. It seems like we used to go at least every other weekend, with the occasional back to back weekend appearance. We have no problem driving up for the evening, seeing as how it's only a 90 minute drive. Without our passes, we have felt deprived. We have been sad. However, it just has not been in our budget to fork out that much cash for 3 passes.
Merry Christmas to us. We got the best gift ever - annual passes!! Can I get a 'Hip, Hip Hurray!'?? Indeed, we were beyond thrilled.
Since we left for Texas on Christmas Day, we obviously could not go. We were in Texas for 11 days, coming home on a Tuesday, where we unfortunately both had to be back at work. You better believe we planned to make our first appearance that very next Saturday, which was this past weekend. Saturday morning, we packed up the car and headed to 'the happiest place on earth'. We decided to go Saturday afternoon for a bit, hitting all the important spots and favorite attractions that the boys had to see. Then we headed back to our hotel to rest up for the evening so we could go to California Adventure for the new World of Color show. It was spectacular.
 |
| Riding the tram to Disneyland! |
 |
| I wish Mickey's house had better lighting. I had to use my flash, which produced red eyes. I fixed it, but of course I'm not happy with the quality :) Sorry, I'm a perfectionist. |
 |
| Silas playing at Donald's house. |
 |
| I LOVE my Eli |
 |
| Howdy Mator! |
 |
| This may be my fav! |
I must say, the boys were equally excited about the hotel. I wish it were possible to type Eli's pronunciation of the word "hotel" because it's one of the funniest things I've heard. Every time he mentioned the hotel, I cracked up. When you're a kid, everything is bigger than life. McDonald's, hotels, vacations, Chuck E Cheese, Disneyland. Part of the fun of being a parent is in a sense re-living things through their eyes. I love the joy, the fascination, the wonder.
It's pure bliss.
 |
| Up to no good. |
 |
One little monkey...
Sunday morning we awoke bright and early to hit up the park as soon as it opened. Being that it was Sunday and the opening was a bit late - 9:00 a.m. - I think a lot of people had the same idea. Nevertheless, we knew which rides to race to first, making sure we got them in before the huge lines formed. The first obvious choice was Peter Pan, which is one of my personal favs. Since that was Silas' pick (well, with a bit of helpful persuasion), we let Eli pick next. His heart only belonged to Dumbo. Sadly, Silas wanted nothing to do with it. The irony in this is that Dumbo was Silas' favorite ride when he was 2. All he talked about was Dumbo. We could not venture near there if we didn't plan to ride it. I can tell you, we have stood in line for hours and hours of our life just to ride that sweet little elephant with the magic feather. In my mind, I had attempted to prepare myself for the day that he no longer wanted to ride it. But I can't say it wasn't a bit sad, remembering his absolute love and adoration of his best bud, Dumbo. But just so you know, we did make him stand in line and ride, letting him know that we were taking turns and he would have a good attitude. |
 |
| Two year old Silas with his best bud. |
 |
I LOVE this pic.
We stayed until about 2:00 that afternoon because Dusty had to be back in town for a football banquet. Both the boys were devastated it was time to go, but equally exhausted.
Eli fell asleep before we even made it to the car. He didn't wake up until we were already home and he was laying in his bed. He woke up crying, "Disneyland. Hotel. Disneyland. Hotel." This morning as we were getting ready, he asked if we were going to the hotel. Sadly, I informed him we were going to school.
Silas returned home with a Buzz lazer gun and Eli picked out a miniature Buzz and Woody, which they had a blast playing with later.
|
 |
| Playing with their new toys |
 |
Buzz and Woody flying.
I'm already deliberating when we'll go back. Dusty sent me a text early this afternoon that said, "I have this Monday off, do you?" When I responded, "Yes!", he replied back, "Okay, well let's do something."
I wonder if we both have the same thing in mind. Because I can tell you this, I already thought about it... |
 |
| He hurt his lip. |
 |
| This is him faking being sad. Love it. |
0 Comments