RAIN... And, Gingerman Fun!!

"Momma, what's that sound coming from the car?"  


"Silas, that's the wind shield wipers."


When I think of rain and San Diego, I imagine an overcast day with a sprinkle of rain here and there.  What does not come to my mind is the deluge we're currently having.  This is more like Texas rain, minus the thunder and lightning.  Although, tomorrow we're expecting real thunderstorms - hurray!  It has been nonstop, steady rain for two days now.  Sunday was the typical San Diego rainy day, but Monday and Tuesday have been pure madness.  Let me be clear, I am a girl that does love the occasional rainy day.  However, I do not enjoy driving it in.  Driving home from work today, I could barely see in front of me.  It took me double the time to get home, due to driving so incredibly slow.  There's just an uneasy feeling when you're out driving in it, especially while toting around precious cargo.    


At the end of the day, my only real complaint about the weather is being unable to run.  That sure puts a damper in my routine.  The plus side is it's great napping weather.  My house looks like night-time and Eli takes a nap everyday during the time I'm typically running.  So today, I took advantage of the timing and snuck in a 30 minute nap.



Eli admiring the rain.


Tonight, we are having our annual Gingerbread House Party.  Or, to state it more accurately, our "Ginger-Man Party".  It's not really a party, but this has become one of my favorite traditions with the boys.  I can't seem to find the first year, but here's a few photos from previous years.  



Our second year - I can't find year one.  Although, Si was too young to help anyway!
I was pregnant with Eli here.

Our 3rd year


Our 4th year.  Eli's first time "helping"

4th Year - This year we had our annual party at Papaw's house.



And, drum roll, please...


Here's the photos from this year.  (Boo for t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. lighting and no flash, but yay for fun!)

Eli's dreamland

Silas, so happy to start.

GingerMan buddies


Eli helping Daddy :)

Who, me?  I didn't eat any candy.

Eli's house.  A work of art.

Si's beautiful creation.

Silas' finished house.  Love the abominable snowman.

Eli was mostly interested in eating the candy.  He was in Eli heaven.  If you don't know, he is my sweet toothed little boy and was sneaking candy right and left.  Seriously, it had to have been a dream world to him!  When we were finished, we all sat down to watch The Grinch and he kept coming to me and saying, "I'll be right back, Momma.  Be right  back.  I get candy."   I continually told  him, "No more candy, E!" and he would say, "Just one more, Mommy.  One more candies."  Once he told me that daddy ate his candy.  Hmm.


Silas was full of "great ideas" while decorating his house, which is what he declared them.  I was helping him and my sweet boy was so encouraging throughout.  "Oh, Mommy - that's looks awesome.  Good job.  Wow, that was a great idea.  You are doing so great.  That's beautiful."  I was just smiling to myself.  He would comment on Zoe, Maddy and Eli's houses, giving them his thumbs up of approval, acknowledging all their "great ideas" as well.  At some point Mel looked over at him and asked, "Silas, why are you so sweet?"   He replied, "That's because I love everybody."   He truly melts my heart.  



And just for fun, here's a new toy the boys got today.  




Can you imagine the excitement in my house tonight?  Silas got to go on a special outing with Daddy this afternoon.  Just about the time they got home, we needed to leave to go to Grammy's for our GingerMan party.  The helicopter had to charge so they didn't really get to play with it.  Of course, Silas remembered on the way home that it was time to fly it.  He said, "Okay now, these are the rules:   1. No playing with the helicopter while it's charging.  2.  No crashing it hard on the floor.  3.  Be easy.  4.  Do not throw the helicopter in the trash or Mommy will throw it away and put it in the dump and the trash man will come get it."  (There were a few more, but my mind is failing me at the moment...)
With a huge smile, Eli quickly inserted, "Ummm, Do not throw our toys."  
Good job, E.  That has nothing to do with the helicopter, but that's a great rule!

0 Comments