"I Mell Like Licious, Mommy"
Eli, my little ham, has been making me laugh a lot lately. Personally, I think mostly everything he says is cute - after all, a mom has every right to be a teeny bit partial. The more and more he talks, the funnier he gets. He is Mr. Personality.
Last night, he stood in front of the TV and said, "Okay guys. I sing my Christmas song for you. Now, everybody S-M-I-L-E" {cue an incredibly goofy grin from ear to ear}
I couldn't believe it. He stood there and sang every word. Or, well... every word that matters. But, I didn't know he knew any of it, so it was quite impressive. "Away. Manger. Seep (Sleep). Hay. Jesus. Down. Head. Stars. Sky. Lay. Jesus. Seep. Hay." Not to mention, he had some awfully cute motions. Don't you worry, the Christmas Play is tomorrow night and you can be sure I'll be posting a video asap. Don't even get me started on Si's song...
The other day I picked Eli up from school and we were walking back to my office. We passed a group of Kinder girls along the way. Eli stopped, turned around, and walked back to the girls. He said, "Hiiiii Guuwals. I name Elllliiii." He waited for a brief moment. When they didn't respond, he ran back to me chiming, "I name Eliiiii."
Really? My two year old is already hitting on girls - older girls? He definitely will not be allowed to date. At least not until he's twenty.
Today, I picked him up from school. He quickly informed me, "Momma, I poop." Yeah, all the Bunnies are supposed to be potty trained. They are also supposed to be 3. Because I work at the school, they make an exception. Silas was also a Bunny when he was 2. In any case, it's rare that I have to go and change him. After his confession I gave him a hug because I still love him, even when he stinks. I told him, "Eli, you stink!", lovingly, of course. He said, "No momma, I mell like licious". Interpretation - "No, momma, I smell de-licious!!"
Not quite, bud, but you sure are funny.
And so it goes - all day long he's been saying, "Mommy, I mell like licous"
I love him.
0 Comments