Labor & Delivery. Welcome, Baby Haven.

There is nothing that compares to the miracle of a new life.  I love birth/labor stories.  I've said a million times that I hated being pregnant - minus feeling my baby move inside me - but I LOVE labor.  I could do without the mood swings, being hot all the time, swelling, in my case - cholestasis, feeling like a whale, etc. but I absolutely love the anticipation of meeting your baby for the first time and the whole labor experience.  I could even go through the pain a million times over - seriously.  Love it.  Since having my own babies, I can also cry at the drop of a hat watching any tv show relating to giving birth.  I remember being pregnant and coming home from work watching "A Baby Story", "Birth Day", "Labor and Delivery", etc. every single day.  I would watch anything I could get my hands on, pertaining to pregnancy and birth.  I'd put up my feet, grab a snack and maybe a box of kleenex and I was set.   I was fascinated by it and couldn't wait for my own experience.  So yeah, I guess I'm a softy - I can't help it.  When I hear someone is in labor, I just get so excited for them, knowing that they get to have that experience and joy of being a mommy.  There's no words to describe what it's like when you become a mom the first time, or any time after that.  It's magical.  It's life-changing.  It's a true miracle.
That being said, my friend, Nichole Dykmans, asked me if I would be at the hospital to take photos when her baby girl, Haven, was born.  My answer - of course!!  She called me Thursday, September 30, sometime around 9:00 in the morning to tell me she was on the way to the hospital.  All of the sudden, on the inside, I panicked.  What do I do?  How do I go about this?  Where do I take the boys?  I have to go get the camera from Dusty.  Will I get there in time?  

For anyone that's been in labor, you know most of the time it can take a l.o.n.g. time.  It's not like Haven was going to pop out in 10 minutes - why was I panicking?  I think it was my excitement.  So, I called around to find someone to watch the boys.  I couldn't just leave them at school, otherwise I'd have to come pick them up at 12:30 p.m.  Thankfully, Nichole Allen, my fabulous cousin-in-law, graciously said she'd watch them.  I felt terrible, because she has 3 of her own kids and 3 + 2 = 5.  Yes, five kids!  I don't want to do that to anyone.  I cannot thank her enough and already told her, Nichole, I own you one - a BIG one!  After dropping the boys off, I had to go by Dusty's office to pick up the camera.  Once I got the cameras, I was on my way!  Hurray!
Later that evening, Silas called me.  I thought it was so cute when he asked me, "Momma, is the baby here yet?"  I responded, "No, Silas, not yet."  He said - wait, are you ready for this, because this came out of the mouth of my 4 year old -  "That's okay Momma.  God's not ready yet.  When He's ready, she will come."  Seriously??  He is so sweet and so right.  I am amazed at his thoughts and I love him!
Really, it turned out to be a long day.  I didn't leave the hospital until around 7:45 p.m. but it was worth every single second.  I am so thankful I had the opportunity to be there and be a part of the experience.  Thanks, Nichole, for letting me be a part of your joyous day!  Below is a link to the video I made from the photos I took.  Congratulations, Ryan, Nichole and Brett on your sweet little addition, Haven Nichole.  I love you guys!!


http://animoto.com/play/gtYLKLDBGWI0GZUH0sRWUQ

(Here's the video link, but you have to cut & paste it.)



And here's a few photos...









0 Comments