Three Big Little Words
My little Romeo, a.k.a. Silas, has no shortage of "I love you's". I hear it so many random times throughout the day, I lose count. But tonight, was momentous.
Both the boys had just been in time out for wrestling. I was trying to cook dinner and they were just doing their thing, having fun. No sooner than they had gotten out of time out, Dusty and I heard them at it again. We turned around and at this point they had a blanket and were trying to hide under it to play. In the midst of their chaos, Silas stopped, looked at Eli and sweetly said, "Eli, I love you." Melt my heart! Anyone that's around them would have no trouble seeing this is the case. They love each other - they're best buds. But this was such an honest, heart felt moment. I have heard Silas talk about loving Eli. I saw my little two year old Silas lovingly hold his new baby brother, smothering him in kisses. I have seen him help Eli when he needed help. I have seen Silas give his little brother advice. I have seen him comfort Eli at school. But this was the first time I have heard Silas tell Eli that he loved him. It was a proud moment for both Dusty and me. What beats that - I mean, really?













0 Comments