Conversations with Silas

I did a post like this once before, and have since decided I should make it a regular. Two reasons - 1.) Silas is stinkin' funny. 2.) I don't want to forget all the funny things he says. So, here goes.



Silas while playing a shark game on my iPhone.



Silas - "Momma, are all sharks mean, or are some sharks nice?"


Me - "All sharks are mean."


Silas - "So, I can't pet one?"


Me - "No, Silas. You wouldn't want to pet a shark."


Silas - "How do people get away from sharks?"


Me - "Well, I guess they'd have to swim really fast."


Silas - "That would be really mean for God to make a shark, because I cannot swim really fast."



Silas right now -



Silas just came up to me, gave me a huge hug and said, "Momma, you're the best momma ever."



Silas last night -



Dusty - "Silas, do you want to come with me and Eli to the french fry store?" (a.k.a Jack in the Box)


Silas - "No, daddy. I don't have time." as he sat on the couch playing a game on the iPhone.


Dusty - "What do you mean you don't have time? You're four!"


Silas - "I just don't have time. You and Eli just go. Have fun."



Silas this morning -



Silas - {Sigh} "This food and beverage sure is making me full."



When he said this, I was in the bathroom getting ready. I literally laughed out loud. Beverage? Really? Okay, 4 year old - not sure where you even heard "beverage", but if that's your word of choice, okay.



Silas pretending to fight "bad dragons"



Silas - in a whisper, "Momma, shhh! There's a bad dragon in your bathroom."


Me - also whispering, "Silas, can you please get that bad dragon for me? I'm scared."


Silas - "Yes, momma. I will save you. First, I will turn into a dragon." {about a minute pause, where Silas magically transforms into a dragon by way of his "dragon machine". This includes lots of motions and sound effects.} "Okay, now I'm a dragon. I will make a dragon noise and then I will get him. I will throw him into the fan and he will die." {he does just that.} "Okay momma, he's dead."


Me - "Thank you for saving me from the bad dragon."


Silas - "Shhhhh, momma. There's more bad dragons."



Silas before the football scrimmage yesterday -



Silas - "Momma, I have a great idea. I will bring my Batman costume to the football game and I will be Batman. I will hide in daddy's football bag and surprise the football players. I will get all the bad guys so I can save the football players. They will be so happy. Momma, I'm a superhero."



Silas running past a recycle container -



Silas - "Momma!! See this! This means recycle!"


Me - "Silas, how do you know that? Where'd you learn about recycling?"


Silas - "Umm, nothing. I didn't learn it. I just saw it on Blue's Clues."



Silas and Dusty talking about God -


Dusty - "Silas, who loves you?"


Silas - "You and mommy and Eli. Grammy and Pappy, Mamaw and Papaw, Gigi and Papa and everybody."


Dusty - "That's right Silas. But do you know who loves you more than all those people?"


Silas - "God does. But daddy, I just don't know what God looks like. I'm gonna have to see him."



Silas asking me about Scarecrows while watching a cartoon -


Silas - "Momma, what's a scarecrow?"
Me - "You put it in your garden to keep the birds away."
Silas - "So they don't eat your vegetables? Momma, I don't like scarecrows - they are scary."
Me - "Yes, so your vegetables can grow. They're not scary, they just keep the birds away."
Silas - "But momma, then the bird's tummies will growl and they will be hungry. You should take the scarecrow away so they can eat. And then you can go buy more vegetables at the vegetable store. I don't like it when birds are hungry. Birds shouldn't be hungry. My teacher said."





1 Comments

  1. Silas has such an imagination! And for someone who decided to talk a little late, he has certainly made up for it with BIG words. I love talking to Silas. He is so sweet and has a piece of my heart!

    ReplyDelete