A little sweet, a little annoying
So it's 3:30 a.m. (not now, but in my story). Silas comes into the room and climbs in bed. Normally, if you get up and get him his *bosco* a.k.a strawberry milk, perfectly position his pillow and get his blanket pulled over him to the exact position of his desire, he will go back to sleep. Oh no, he's not a bit picky!
(Side note: Silas has NEVER been a good sleeper. He still wakes up during most nights and comes into our room. Sometimes he'll sleep until 7 in the morning, sometimes he'll wake at midnight. There is absolutely no consistency to his sleep, except for his bedtime and wake up time. The only reason his wake up time would change would be because of a random, crazy morning like today) Back to story..
Dusty and I cater to all of the above...we really just want to get back to sleep. But for some reason, Silas wants me to hold him. However, I was feeding Eli. Silas proceeds to practically lay on top of me, obviously disturbing the baby. I am getting frustrated at this point, because he keeps waking up Eli and I knew that once Eli woke up, it would be next to impossible to get him back to sleep at this point. He has been waking up pretty early the past couple weeks. So then Silas begins to get frustrated and finally says, "mama, pleease just hold Silas". Talk about breaking my heart. I mean, that's hard to resist and I would love to just snuggle up next to him and hold him...but at this point, I have to feed the baby. Anyhow, it was quite sad. And he just kept saying it over and over, "mama, please hug Silas. please, hug Silas. No, mama, just Silas".
So of course the baby woke up, and I knew both would absolutely not go back to sleep so we all three got up. I felt bad because I was feeling so annoyed at Silas for waking the baby, yet at the same time it was really very sweet. What do you do? Needless to say, its 3:30 p.m. and I feel like I could just fall over. Hopefully tonight goes better =)
So I wish I had a wonderful thought for the day, but I'm plain exhausted and thought I was going to fall asleep on my way home from work today. Good thing my mom was on the phone with me! I think I yawned about a thousand times, while of course....both boys were sound asleep and probably deep in their dreams!
0 Comments