my three joys.
Being a mom is one of my greatest gifts, one of my deepest joys, and a fulfillment of one of my deepest desires. It's difficult to put into words really. Some days it's the easiest most natural thing in the world, and other days it's challenging beyond belief. It's a huge responsibility attempting to raise up three little men who love the Lord, who care about people, who have good manners, who respect others, who behave decently - the list goes on and on. Many days I feel weak and unequipped. Sometimes I feel it's all I can do to just get myself through the day - let alone be responsible for three tiny humans that are counting on me to not only meet their physical needs, be their chauffeur, be their maid, their brain to remember the million things they need for school, but to also meet their emotional needs and be a loving and safe place for them.
I gotta say - I don't have anything figured out. All I know is to love - on the best of days and on the worst of days. On the best of days, we have fun, create memories, and just live in the day to day. On the worst of days, we apologize and we are real. We always make sure our boys know that we love them more than anything, no matter what. There's never a day that goes by that our kids don't hear from us how much we love them. Or that they are great. Or that God loves them.
I am thankful that God chose me to be Silas, Eli, and Jeremiah's mom. I count it the greatest privilege and do not take it for granted that God has entrusted them to my care. I pray for grace as I go and guidance along the way. Thank you, God, for these three precious gifts.
I gotta say - I don't have anything figured out. All I know is to love - on the best of days and on the worst of days. On the best of days, we have fun, create memories, and just live in the day to day. On the worst of days, we apologize and we are real. We always make sure our boys know that we love them more than anything, no matter what. There's never a day that goes by that our kids don't hear from us how much we love them. Or that they are great. Or that God loves them.
I am thankful that God chose me to be Silas, Eli, and Jeremiah's mom. I count it the greatest privilege and do not take it for granted that God has entrusted them to my care. I pray for grace as I go and guidance along the way. Thank you, God, for these three precious gifts.

0 Comments