It's officially the last week of school... and I'm a mess.
Today we celebrated Silas. First, I have to stop and say that my kid's school is invaluable to me. I have said it a gazillion times, and will continue to say it for years to come. I have never seen anything like it. In fact, my dad and I were just discussing this on the way home from school today. He's had the opportunity to see some of what we do as a school - just a glimpse. And he believes it's the best school in the world. I wholeheartedly agree.
I have never seen such a phenomenal program. Or, such amazing teachers. I could honestly publish a book about it - but there's not time for that. But I will say - there is so much thought into every. single. thing. that we do - from the first day of school, to the last - and the months of preparation in the summer. Honestly, when I really stop to think about it, it brings me to tears. Or when I try to inadequately explain it to someone, I get really excited - because I cannot help it. But why? Because behind all of the amazing events, the amazing curriculum, and the world class teachers, it is centered in Truth. Everything we do is built upon a foundation in Jesus. The love my kids receive, the Truth that is poured into their hearts, and the friendships that they make, all on a daily basis - again, are invaluable.
When I walk around in the mornings listening to the kids singing their hearts out, praising God - it moves me to tears. Always. And on days like today where we are looking back and celebrating the year, it moves me to tears. It's not just another year passed. It's a year of impactful memories. It's a year that my child's teacher poured every ounce of herself into - in the lessons, in the crafts, into Silas' heart. Invaluable. No doubt, this school is one one of our greatest blessings - for my kids to have the opportunity to go there, and for me, that I am also able to be a part of it.
Silas opened his yearbook on the way home and you know what he said? He said, "Mom, this yearbook brings tears to my eyes." And he doesn't have to explain to me why. I get it.
Although I cannot believe second grade and come and gone in the blink of an eye {and the mommy part of me is a little bit sad}, I am forever thankful for our school, Mrs. Rheam {Silas' teacher}, and every single staff member that adds their piece to the puzzle to make the program what it is.
Silas, you are one amazing kid. You blow me away with your thoughts, your mind, your creativeness, your spunk. You bring life to those around you. You are full of curiosity and love to soak in information - more than most people I've seen! You inspire me. I am beyond proud of the person that you are and am so thrilled that you had another amazing year. You're now my third grader and I'm gonna have to find a way to deal with that. My love for you cannot be measured. Keep soaring, sweet boy. I know you will go far!
Love,
Your sappy, emotional Mom of a 3rd grader.
 |
| Silas received the "Inventiveness Award" and the "Social Sciences Award" |
 |
| The three amigos. |
 |
| We are so happy Papaw got to come for Silas' awards! |
 |
| One of the best teachers on the planet. |
 |
When I hand someone else my camera... well, Si & E are blurry! Love you SIL!!! |
 |
| Because he was on the playground and snuck up on us taking photos.. and photobombed us... and he's cute! |
 |
| JJ the photobomber. |
 |
Kinder, 1st, 2nd.. {sob, sob, SOB!!} |
Oh the difference a year makes.
Annnnd, I get to do it all again tomorrow. 1st grade awards, here we come! I guess I will still have a second grader. Let's be positive!
0 Comments