{more mommy tears} -- Eli's award's ceremony
Today, we celebrated Eli Jackson. What a fun, successful year in first grade!
How many times can I say the year flew by? As many as I want, because it was the fastest school year ever. It was August yesterday and we were adjusting to becoming a first grader. After all, it is a giant leap from Kindergarten to 1st grade. It's the real deal - no more lights out after lunch time, no more extra recess time, and on to bigger and more challenging school work.
Eli has had a remarkable year, growing leaps and bounds. I still laugh out loud - literally - when I think back to last year in Kinder. Were he to see a glimpse of me during the day, he'd literally run out of his classroom to wherever I was. I swear he must've had his eyes peeled to the door, waiting to see me from a distance. He would stand up and run in circles like a little goon when I walked in his classroom. Occasionally I'd hear my office door open and then s i l e n c e. I quickly figured out what that meant. There was Eli.... in my office.
"Ummm, Eli? What are you doing?"
"I just came to say hello...Hello!"
"Does your teacher know where you are?"
"Uhhh, weeeeeellllll, ya knoooooow, I just came in too...."
"Eli, go back to class, bud!"
I mean, his classroom was right by my office. I will give him that - but, yeah.
This year I'd walk in the room and he'd be sitting straight up in his seat, pencil in hand, ready for whatever instructions his teacher had for him. Of course, he would be a goofball if allowed. But, he knew the time and place. He became a student. A serious student. He took nothing lightly. He informed me every single night of every important note in his folder and would remind me of things I needed to do 151 times. He would be upset at me if I forgot to sign his folder, forget to give him his snack, or not turn money in for something. He wanted to be on top of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Such a responsible little man!
He excelled in math, loves anything to do with money, and already has begun learning multiplication. He reads like a pro, and just a couple weeks ago read an 89 page book in two days {in the car to and from school}. He was kinda the class clown, lightening everyone's mood by doing the chicken dance every day. He adored his teacher, and I'm absolutely sure the feeling was mutual. He's hard not to fall in love with.
On things that were more challenging for him, he worked extra hard. Like spelling. We struggled at the beginning of the year, but he's seriously worked so hard. He is super excited about second grade and he sure is ready for it.
Love, Mom
How many times can I say the year flew by? As many as I want, because it was the fastest school year ever. It was August yesterday and we were adjusting to becoming a first grader. After all, it is a giant leap from Kindergarten to 1st grade. It's the real deal - no more lights out after lunch time, no more extra recess time, and on to bigger and more challenging school work.
Eli has had a remarkable year, growing leaps and bounds. I still laugh out loud - literally - when I think back to last year in Kinder. Were he to see a glimpse of me during the day, he'd literally run out of his classroom to wherever I was. I swear he must've had his eyes peeled to the door, waiting to see me from a distance. He would stand up and run in circles like a little goon when I walked in his classroom. Occasionally I'd hear my office door open and then s i l e n c e. I quickly figured out what that meant. There was Eli.... in my office.
"Ummm, Eli? What are you doing?"
"I just came to say hello...Hello!"
"Does your teacher know where you are?"
"Uhhh, weeeeeellllll, ya knoooooow, I just came in too...."
"Eli, go back to class, bud!"
I mean, his classroom was right by my office. I will give him that - but, yeah.
This year I'd walk in the room and he'd be sitting straight up in his seat, pencil in hand, ready for whatever instructions his teacher had for him. Of course, he would be a goofball if allowed. But, he knew the time and place. He became a student. A serious student. He took nothing lightly. He informed me every single night of every important note in his folder and would remind me of things I needed to do 151 times. He would be upset at me if I forgot to sign his folder, forget to give him his snack, or not turn money in for something. He wanted to be on top of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Such a responsible little man!
He excelled in math, loves anything to do with money, and already has begun learning multiplication. He reads like a pro, and just a couple weeks ago read an 89 page book in two days {in the car to and from school}. He was kinda the class clown, lightening everyone's mood by doing the chicken dance every day. He adored his teacher, and I'm absolutely sure the feeling was mutual. He's hard not to fall in love with.
On things that were more challenging for him, he worked extra hard. Like spelling. We struggled at the beginning of the year, but he's seriously worked so hard. He is super excited about second grade and he sure is ready for it.
Eli, you light up all of our lives. It's impossible to look at you and not smile, because you are full of life. You have absolutely blown me away this year. I have seen you mature in leaps and bounds and I know you will only continue to do so next year as you're on to cursive, all of your multiplication facts, long division, and a million other second grade things. You will thrive, because you give your very best. I could not be more proud of all you have accomplished, but most of all - your heart. You love big. You love wholeheartedly. And we love you wholeheartedly... more than words could ever be put together to express. You will do amazing in second grade, sweet boy! Can't wait to watch as you continue to grow. You make my heart happy.
Love, Mom












0 Comments