to Eli on your 6th birthday.
Eli Jackson-
You entered the world on May 28, 2008 at 12:28 a.m. at an even 8 pounds, and forever changed our lives. I often say that there's no world without Eli Jackson in it. You exude life. You are fun-loving, have the best voice I have ever heard in my entire life {sorry, but this is fact}, you are full of expression, are one of the most selfless people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and have a heart bigger than the universe. You continually offer love without it being expressed to you first. You'll walk in the room and say, "Mom. I love you. I love you more than I love myself" and you mean it. We constantly go back and forth about who loves who the most. You are relentless. You love big.
You are a thinker. I am amazed at the things that spout out of your now six year old mouth. Your thoughts blow me away, yet equally make me laugh. I often wonder how one person can have such polarities. You are equally genius and naive. And I truly mean that in the best of ways. I adore talking with you. Our conversations are the best.
Your ear to ear grin gets me every time. I can't look at you, much less, think of you - without smiling.
You are a joy. I fall more in love with you every. day.
I have seen you grow in leaps and bounds this year, first graduating from Preschool and then onto the big adventure of what you referred to as the "bulldog school" - a.k.a. Kindergarten. You were cuter than cute in your little uniform, and this momma shed more than a few tears sending you on your way. This year you learned to read, you excelled in math, you got your very first dog, and began soccer. You discovered and fell in love with Minecraft and Clash of Clans. If you had your way, you'd probably play either all day! Your favorite color is green. You love chocolate. And soda. Your brother Silas is your very best friend in the world - you're inseparable. You would always choose him. You are becoming such a sweet big brother to J and it blesses my heart watching this relationship develop. You love art and I love to see your creations. You have such a unique perspective and way about things. I can hardly wait to hear the things that will come out of your mouth. You are an adventure, sweet boy. A grand adventure.
This next year, I pray you continue to know and discover God's abundant love for you. I pray you'll always know that you are loved, cherished and wanted by God, and by us. You make our lives better, and bring constant joy to our hearts. You are one of the greatest gifts I ever received, and I love, love, love you infinity times infinity. Happy sixth birthday, big boy! I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry, or sob through more old photos - so, I will just rejoice with you in your excitement, because you are so excited you can hardly stand it. Have the very BEST day!
Love, Mommy
You entered the world on May 28, 2008 at 12:28 a.m. at an even 8 pounds, and forever changed our lives. I often say that there's no world without Eli Jackson in it. You exude life. You are fun-loving, have the best voice I have ever heard in my entire life {sorry, but this is fact}, you are full of expression, are one of the most selfless people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and have a heart bigger than the universe. You continually offer love without it being expressed to you first. You'll walk in the room and say, "Mom. I love you. I love you more than I love myself" and you mean it. We constantly go back and forth about who loves who the most. You are relentless. You love big.
You are a thinker. I am amazed at the things that spout out of your now six year old mouth. Your thoughts blow me away, yet equally make me laugh. I often wonder how one person can have such polarities. You are equally genius and naive. And I truly mean that in the best of ways. I adore talking with you. Our conversations are the best.
Your ear to ear grin gets me every time. I can't look at you, much less, think of you - without smiling.
You are a joy. I fall more in love with you every. day.
I have seen you grow in leaps and bounds this year, first graduating from Preschool and then onto the big adventure of what you referred to as the "bulldog school" - a.k.a. Kindergarten. You were cuter than cute in your little uniform, and this momma shed more than a few tears sending you on your way. This year you learned to read, you excelled in math, you got your very first dog, and began soccer. You discovered and fell in love with Minecraft and Clash of Clans. If you had your way, you'd probably play either all day! Your favorite color is green. You love chocolate. And soda. Your brother Silas is your very best friend in the world - you're inseparable. You would always choose him. You are becoming such a sweet big brother to J and it blesses my heart watching this relationship develop. You love art and I love to see your creations. You have such a unique perspective and way about things. I can hardly wait to hear the things that will come out of your mouth. You are an adventure, sweet boy. A grand adventure.
This next year, I pray you continue to know and discover God's abundant love for you. I pray you'll always know that you are loved, cherished and wanted by God, and by us. You make our lives better, and bring constant joy to our hearts. You are one of the greatest gifts I ever received, and I love, love, love you infinity times infinity. Happy sixth birthday, big boy! I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry, or sob through more old photos - so, I will just rejoice with you in your excitement, because you are so excited you can hardly stand it. Have the very BEST day!
Love, Mommy




0 Comments