the very best job.
Being a momma has got to be - hands down - the most challenging, humbling, yet most rewarding job on the planet. Never have I learned so much about myself and even my faith. Hence, the humbling part. It's a daily moment-by-moment reminder of am I living what I'm teaching? It's funny to me because I'll catch myself in moments where I am correcting my children and/or trying to teach them a life lesson and find myself questioning, am I really living by this?
I make mistakes. All the time. I fail, I screw up, and I don't get it right pretty often. Yet, there are so many moments of grace, joy and forgiveness. It is a privilege to be known as "mom" to my three, sweet boys. They teach me more than I ever could have imagined being taught by such tiny little beings.
Silas- You, my boy, made me a mommy. In an instant, I went from having experienced love, to being fully engulfed in an unconditional, indescribable love. My heart could have nearly exploded from the newfound love that you suddenly filled in my heart. It's one of those things that is impossible to grasp or fathom until it happens. As you began to grow, I realized that you are so me. For this reason, you, in particular, challenge me in such personal ways. I understand you. I get you. When you struggle, I can so relate because we operate so similarly. In some ways this makes me tougher on you, and in other ways, more sensitive. You truly inspire me to be better. You are an exceptional kid and every part of me loves getting to know you more and more. You wow me daily. I promise if you aren't already, you'll be smarter than me in like two years. You are wise way beyond your years and have one of the softest hearts I've ever known. I love you to the moon and back, my forever little monkey.
Eli - I didn't think it was possible to have space for any more love in my heart, and then you entered the world. From day one, you lit up every room you were in. As you grew, so did your personality. You have the sweetest voice I've ever heard, and I could never tire of hearing it. You are simply the most lovable, snuggable little bug on the planet. You are selfless beyond measure, constantly desiring to put other's before yourself. You challenge me in unspeakable ways. You are basically the complete opposite of your brother Silas, so with you - I learn as I go. Though I do not always understand the ways in which you operate or think, you inspire me to be better - and to learn the way your mind ticks. You make me better. You also are wise beyond your years, and make my jaw drop countless times a day at the things that come out of your mouth. You are an old soul and my conversations with you are inspiring. You are our Eli sandwich, the perfect middle. I love you more than infinity. And ice cream, and pizza. And infinity times infinity. There, I win! ;)
Jeremiah - Oh, bug. You are bigger than life. Again, I wasn't sure where or how you'd fit into our little puzzle, but you were an immediate fit. Because we waited a bit, there was a little time and space between you and your brothers. Not that I was perfect at it, but having a little experience under my belt, I found myself more at ease with you. Also, knowing you were the "baby", I think I learned to stress less and treasure it more. I cannot look at your sweet face without smiling. You are the biggest little ham I ever did meet. I'm not sure how it's possible for such a little guy to have such a BIG and adventurous personality. You are fearless, you are unstoppable, and because you are so different than your brothers, sometimes I don't even know what to do with you. You are a force to be reckoned with. You also grew my heart tenfold and continue to do so with each new day. You are full on crazy, and I full on love you. I shake my head at the thought of what's to come, but know you are going to bring life, energy, and excitement to our little family. I love you, my little bug, my little monster. You are equally both, that's for sure.
I am beyond thankful that God entrusted me with these three little boys that I didn't even know I needed. I am grateful that He expanded my understanding of what unconditional love is, therefore giving me a greater concept of His love for me. I'm not sure I could fully identify with the depths of that love until I became a mom. And on this Mother's Day, I am ever more aware of it. Though it's hard work, often exhausting, and challenging to think about raising three boys, I wouldn't trade a single second. It's the best thing I've ever had the privilege of doing.
I make mistakes. All the time. I fail, I screw up, and I don't get it right pretty often. Yet, there are so many moments of grace, joy and forgiveness. It is a privilege to be known as "mom" to my three, sweet boys. They teach me more than I ever could have imagined being taught by such tiny little beings.
Silas- You, my boy, made me a mommy. In an instant, I went from having experienced love, to being fully engulfed in an unconditional, indescribable love. My heart could have nearly exploded from the newfound love that you suddenly filled in my heart. It's one of those things that is impossible to grasp or fathom until it happens. As you began to grow, I realized that you are so me. For this reason, you, in particular, challenge me in such personal ways. I understand you. I get you. When you struggle, I can so relate because we operate so similarly. In some ways this makes me tougher on you, and in other ways, more sensitive. You truly inspire me to be better. You are an exceptional kid and every part of me loves getting to know you more and more. You wow me daily. I promise if you aren't already, you'll be smarter than me in like two years. You are wise way beyond your years and have one of the softest hearts I've ever known. I love you to the moon and back, my forever little monkey.
Eli - I didn't think it was possible to have space for any more love in my heart, and then you entered the world. From day one, you lit up every room you were in. As you grew, so did your personality. You have the sweetest voice I've ever heard, and I could never tire of hearing it. You are simply the most lovable, snuggable little bug on the planet. You are selfless beyond measure, constantly desiring to put other's before yourself. You challenge me in unspeakable ways. You are basically the complete opposite of your brother Silas, so with you - I learn as I go. Though I do not always understand the ways in which you operate or think, you inspire me to be better - and to learn the way your mind ticks. You make me better. You also are wise beyond your years, and make my jaw drop countless times a day at the things that come out of your mouth. You are an old soul and my conversations with you are inspiring. You are our Eli sandwich, the perfect middle. I love you more than infinity. And ice cream, and pizza. And infinity times infinity. There, I win! ;)
Jeremiah - Oh, bug. You are bigger than life. Again, I wasn't sure where or how you'd fit into our little puzzle, but you were an immediate fit. Because we waited a bit, there was a little time and space between you and your brothers. Not that I was perfect at it, but having a little experience under my belt, I found myself more at ease with you. Also, knowing you were the "baby", I think I learned to stress less and treasure it more. I cannot look at your sweet face without smiling. You are the biggest little ham I ever did meet. I'm not sure how it's possible for such a little guy to have such a BIG and adventurous personality. You are fearless, you are unstoppable, and because you are so different than your brothers, sometimes I don't even know what to do with you. You are a force to be reckoned with. You also grew my heart tenfold and continue to do so with each new day. You are full on crazy, and I full on love you. I shake my head at the thought of what's to come, but know you are going to bring life, energy, and excitement to our little family. I love you, my little bug, my little monster. You are equally both, that's for sure.
I am beyond thankful that God entrusted me with these three little boys that I didn't even know I needed. I am grateful that He expanded my understanding of what unconditional love is, therefore giving me a greater concept of His love for me. I'm not sure I could fully identify with the depths of that love until I became a mom. And on this Mother's Day, I am ever more aware of it. Though it's hard work, often exhausting, and challenging to think about raising three boys, I wouldn't trade a single second. It's the best thing I've ever had the privilege of doing.


0 Comments