The past couple of weeks have been full. I had the opportunity to take a two week break from work and I did just that. In fact, I did not even think about going into the office. Not that I was any less busy, but I was able to take the time to make memories, read a book, and even have some "me" time.
We went to the pool countless times, the beach, Sea World, celebrated two birthdays and Easter, spent two days at Disneyland, and enjoyed a week with my mom. I soaked up the time off with my boys. I am ever reminded how quickly the time is passing. Jeremiah gets bigger by the day, is beginning to talk in sentences, and playing with the big boys, holding his own. Silas is 8, going on 40 - I mean, the kid is wise way beyond his years. I carry deeper conversations with him than I do with most adults. Seriously. Eli will be six this month and though that may not sound old, I promise he was born yesterday. He's sweeter than sweet and has such an innocence about him. I've spent a lot of time in personal reflection lately, so perhaps that's partly why I can't help but be sentimental about these things. In any case, I could not be prouder of the little men my boys are becoming. Though they're not perfect, I daily see acts of love, selflessness, and maturity that blows my mind. And it's a true gift and honor to be their mom.
We are celebrating our Mother's Tea at school tomorrow. Honestly, it's the most beautiful thing. It's a ton of work and seems like it's the pinnacle of our entire school year. Our yearly theme revolves around it. Countless hours go into preparing for it. The decor looks like something from a magazine and is so precisely and beautifully planned. {Don't worry, I will post photos!} Eli told me, "Mom. Tomorrow is your special day. If you need anything, you just let me know - because it's about you. I will sit in my seat with my food in my lap and eat quietly. But, if you need something, I will serve you." while Silas noted, "Mom. Ya know it's gonna be 99 degrees tomorrow at the tea. And we will dress our best and dance around the stage singing a song to you. And when I see all the moms fanning themselves from the heat, and I am dying of thirst from all the energy I'm putting into your song... just know that I love you. Because heat, singing, and dancing is the worst combination." Ha. He kills me. I can't wait!
Since I've been absent on the blog lately, here's some photos of our time off!
 |
| They seriously love each other. |
 |
This child is and is going to be hilarious.
He is such a crack up and as he grows, so does his personality! Bigger than life, I tell ya. |
 |
| At Corvette Diner to celebrate my MIL's birthday. |
 |
| My three handsomes on Easter. |
 |
| Fun at the beach! |
 |
| What's a beach day without burying someone in the sand? |
 |
| love. |
 |
| He has the biggest, most expressive eyes. I love him. |
 |
| One of my favorite things is laying next to him while he naps. |
 |
| Sending my mom back home to Texas. We had a little froyo before putting her on the plane. |
 |
Oh. Really big news. See that bus? Well, that's where the crib was. Yup. I am officially crib-less. Not sure how I feel about that. |
 |
| With J on the Tow Mator ride at Disneyland. Pure joy, I tell ya. He waited SO patiently for 45 minutes and didn't make a peep. He was so excited, it was priceless. |
 |
And then there's these two in line for California Screamin' Could they be more handsome?
I argue that they could not. |
 |
| This is how he hams it up in line. We were waiting for the Winnie the Pooh ride and he entertained himself with my sunglasses and a Mickey lollipop. |
 |
| He is so mischevious. |
 |
| I could not resist this. Sorry, E. |
 |
| One of my most favorite things we do at our school. Today was National Day of Prayer. Each student writes a prayer out and sends it up in the sky tied to a ballon. It's such an amazing visual. |
 |
| It's been such a hot week! It was 103 today and I couldn't bring myself to make anything hot. So, I grilled some bbq chicken {okay, that was hot... but ya know}, made a pasta salad, corn salad, sliced some bread and voila! A nice, refreshing dinner. |
.jpg) |
| And, a few photo shoots I had this week. You should recognize these three, because I've basically documented their whole lives ;) |
.jpg) |
| Beautiful Lily. She went to the school I work at, and I still work with her mom. When I met Lil, she was Silas' age now. Can't even handle it. How is she graduating?! |
 |
| Seriously, does it get more gorgeous? |
 |
And, another beautiful student from Dusty's school. She's stunning! And, I would pay money for this hair! |
0 Comments