Huckabee Family Reunion 2013

Well, we had our first annual Huckabee Family Reunion this past weekend {not sure it's actually an annual thing}{just calling it that}{I think they would like it to be!}.  It was a whirlwind of a trip.  I mean, craziness!  We may have spent more time traveling than actually in Texas!

The boys and I flew out Thursday morning and made it to my parent's house about 10:00 p.m. that night.  The next morning we headed to Louisiana to prepare for the big event {my dad played a huge part in planning it and had to help set up}.  Long story short, we stayed in a hotel that night and the next day gathered together with 130+ people {I think that was the count I heard} from the Huckabee family.  Silas proclaimed, "I never knew I had SO much family.  I thought I knew all my family.  How many cousins can one person HAVE??!"  My dad's grandparents had seven kids - and each of those distinct families was designated by a different color.  I gotta say, the red team {our team!} represented for sure!  We definitely had the largest group and I know my dad was happier than a clam.  Not only did all of his siblings and their families make it, but both of his kids and 5 grandkids were able to come!


It was an awesome time and such a fun way of giving the boys a little history lesson.  We drew some family trees together before said trip so I could explain how it works.  They automatically assume they are "Sniff's" and not "Huckabee's" because they don't have the name.  It was a great visual to explain how they are exactly 50% Sniff and 50% Huckabee - exactly half daddy and half mommy.  They loved hearing all about it and since they are both science buffs, all I had to do was mention DNA and they were all ears.

Sunday was really our only down time and we enjoyed some family time fishing.  Monday, we were back in the sky, headed back to San Diego.

I'll blog a little more about the trip later, but I have been editing half the night and need to wrap this up! Below are some photos of our trip, as well as some 4 year old photos of my niece and nephew.  I cannot believe they will be four!  It seems like just yesterday I got the call that they were on their way into this world.  What an amazing miracle they have been.  They are so precious and such joys to be around.  My brother could not be a more amazing dad - and he continually impresses me with how he loves and cares for not only their needs, but their hearts as well.  I love you guys and am thankful you are a part of my life!


someone made a buddy. 
when you're traveling in an airport sans stroller, your purse doubles as a seat! 
The Huckabee cousins. 
The Huckabee bus. 
fishing is exhausting. 
Only in a Texas gas station.. 
the Red team. 
the cutest kids EVER. 
the proud grandparents with their grandkids. 
An amazing sign my aunt made for the reunion. 
Papaw fishing with the kids. 
Jeremiah wasn't cooperating!! 



I LOVE this one. 


My absolute favorite. 

1 Comments

  1. Nice blog there...and pics! Looks like a whirlwind of a trip for sure! Glad you guys got to go...looks like fun was had by all! =)

    ReplyDelete