3 in 1: "we promise our child is normal", "I have a problem" and "the happiest place on earth"


We promise our child is normal…

You know when you take your child out in public and they start acting all crazy and you want to proclaim, “Hey… I promise he is normal!!”  Yeah, that happened to us the other day.  I don’t remember a distinct time like this with the other two boys {although I’m sure it happened once or twice..} but Jeremiah literally had us in hysterics on Saturday while at Souplantation.  Describing it won’t do it justice, but I will try.

When he gets excited, well… let’s just say his limbs go nuts.  If you’re around him, you’ll know he starts flapping his hands and kicking his feet when he gets excited, happy, thinks something is funny, etc.  Now, he has taken it to a whole new level.  He starts banging his head.  Hard.  Against the back of the carseat.  As in, you can hear a very loud BANG.  Then, he looks at us and laughs.   Next, comes “duck face” as he breathes in and out like he’s hyperventilating.  Yeah.  It’s attractive.  Then, the head banging starts again.  Then duck face.  Then head banging.  

And we are all just trying to contain our composure and not draw any more attention to the scene at hand.   I love that baby.  I love his duck face.  I fall more in love.  everyday.

See "duck face" below.




I have a problem…

So, I have over 2,000 photos on my phone.  I cannot actually use my “Camera” to take photos because it tells me I am out of space.  I have hardly any apps because I use all my free space for photos.  Sooo, I use Instagram and for some reason it still allows me to store the photos in my Photo Album even though there’s supposedly “no space”.   Even if I were to use my Camera app, I would still import the photos into Instagram for the awesome square shape and the fun filters and then delete the original.  {I'm in love with Instagram} {Dusty says there will be no Instagram in five years} {I say he’s crazy} {Although, I do remember a time when I didn’t understand why anyone would want a digital photo over film.} {Times change.} {But I’m still not reasy to imagine a world without my IG}

So what’s the problem?  This process makes it very difficult when taking photos.  I can only take one photo at a time, rather than taking as many as I want and then finding the best shot.  This isn’t great when trying to get a photo of 3 kids.  “Okay hold it right there.  Oops.  Riiiiiiight there.  Stink!  Two more seconds, boys!  GOT it!"  Also, I cannot record anymore videos.  I refuse to delete any from my phone because I love to browse through them occasionally and get all sad at how fast my children are growing up before my eyes…  I guess I need to just load them on my hard drive and start over.  But I don’t want to.  That’s my problem… I’m stubborn.  Anyone want to buy me a new phone with more GB’s??  Anyone?

The Happiest Place on Earth

We tried going to Disneyland two weeks ago.  We left our house at 5:00 a.m. so we could get there for “Magic Hour” and our passes were blocked out.  Oops.  Didn’t think to check, as we go on Saturdays all the time and genuinely thought we weren’t ever blocked on Saturdays until the summer {major Mom fail}.  Looking at our calendar, we weren’t sure when we’d be able to make it next due to a church conference this weekend, Mother’s Day, Eli’s birthday, etc.  We hate going on Sundays and missing church, but yeah..  We did it.  Seeing the money come out of our account each month gives us a constant little reminder that perhaps we should go and get our money’s worth.  

Seriously, it was the best day.  We spent much longer there than we typically do and just had a blast.  I love Disneyland.  I love my family.  I love the look of pure joy on the boy’s faces.  Priceless.



he's already ready to wrestle.


He was seriously confused standing in line to a grown man wearing goofy ears.  
On the tram... SO excited!
ready for the Toy Story ride.


Silas rode California Screamin' for the first time.  He was literally screaming as we tried to talk him into going on.  Once we did, he was "screamin'" to go back.  Okay, not really, but he was begging!
while Silas and I were on Screamin', these boys were on the Mickey ferris wheel.
See?  Not a good shot of all three after like 10 Instagram tries.
but this smile is perfection.


Radiator Springs Racers.  You can't seem 'em, but they're in the front seat of the red car.


Phineas and Ferb dance party.  Yeah, they were out there dancing.


I may have let him try cotton candy.  He LOVED it.  
After Disney.  I gave them baths when we got home so they didn't have to get up early today {they typically get baths/showers in the morning!}


cousin love.
"Red"
what a contrast!

0 Comments