our very own pumpkin patch - by eli, the farmer.
This is a story about a little boy who loves pumpkins. That sweet boy is Eli.
One day last week, I went to pick Eli up from school. He was taking a nap on his cot and I noticed something covering his entire cot. What on earth?
After closer inspection, I realized it was pumpkin seeds. Hmm. Did his teachers give them to him? Strange...
As he awoke, he began gathering the seeds and placing them in his little pockets.
I questioned, "Eli, where did you get these?"
He casually responded, "The pumpkin station."
I still had no idea, but shrugged it off. As I was walking out, I happened to notice one of the centers with pumpkins. He had taken them from the center! I asked about one of the teachers about it and she said it was totally fine and he could keep them. Well, I guess it's okay then!! So, off we went.
By the time I got home, I had completely forgotten about said pumpkin seeds and went upstairs to feed the baby. After about 20 minutes I heard little footsteps coming up the stairs.
"Hey mom!! We are going to have PUMPKINS!! I planted the pumpkin seeds and watered them. We will ABSOLUTELY have vines SOON!"
I mean, you could not contain his excitement. Pure joy, I tell ya.
So today, we came home and guess what? There was a "pumpkin patch". What do you know?! Great grandpa may or may not have gotten wind of Eli's pumpkin seeds. Enough said.
I made a video to catch his reaction. See HERE. Priceless.
| He was so excited, he asked for a picture! Later, I had to get out my real camera :) |
![]() |
| They were SO excited, they made a sign, "Welcome to the Pumpkin Patch. Silas and Eli's Pupkin Patch" |
![]() |
| This is a face of PURE JOY. |




1 Comments
It's the Great Pumpkin, Eli Sniff. His face brings my heart pure joy❤
ReplyDelete