monster energy.


I tell you - there’s no greater joy than talking to my kids.  They’re sweet, innocent, honest and mostly down-right hilarious.  


Yesterday, while the boys and I were out on our fun “surprise day”, Silas saw a sign for Monster Energy drinks.  He thought it was a funny name and sort of asked about it, but laid it to rest fairly quickly.


On the ride to school this morning, all of the sudden from the backseat I heard him yell, “MOM!  YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT!


What is it, Si?


I just saw a sign for Monster Energy at that store we passed!  Can you believe it?  That is SO funny.  Can you believe they have it??






He started giggling and then turned to Eli, “ELI.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY HAVE MONSTER ENERGY?


I mean, the kid was in shock -- pure, disbelief -- also, completely excited.  I wasn’t quite sure what all the fuss was about, but don’t worry, he was about to tell me.


Laughing he said, “We should buy one for Dad and put him next to an old car and see what happens.  Or, we’ll put him next to a huge fence and see if he can rip it up.


I immediately realized {obviously} that he was thinking it would give Daddy some sort of extra human strength or super powers.  I mean, IT IS called Monster Energy.  Plus, he informed me that it had a green bolt on it, kind of like The Hulk. 


I told him, “Hmm, I just don’t know, Silas.  I don’t know what would happen.  What if he DID turn into the Hulk?  That might be kind of scary.  You don’t like the Hulk, remember?” 


Yeah, I know.  But, he’s not really a monster.  He’s just a super hero that gets really aggravated.  It would be sooo funny, Mom!  I bet it tastes yuck.  I would never ever try it, would you, Eli?


Eli quickly responded, “Ewwww..... Icky yucky! NO!


Mom, can we PLEASE buy one for Daddy?  Let’s go get him a Monster Energy.


I love it.  I love that he really believes it will give super human strength.  I’m soaking up these days of pure innocence and imagination.  I know it is fleeting, but it makes my heart smile every time.

0 Comments