"First" day of preschool.
Today was Eli's "first" day of school. Well, ya know - it was the first official day of school for Love N' Learn, even though Eli has gone all summer. Buuuut - we went along with it anyway. Silas got to have his big first day of Kinder last week, so the least I could do was make him feel special. Poor guy doesn't even get to move up classes! There were a ton of new kids today and the summer program is officially o-v-e-r. So, it's back to the books!
I had high hopes that Eli would actually learn his phonics this year. To explain, he started the Bunnies class a year early. Silas, at the same age, picked up everything. But, that's Silas - Mr. Perfection and Type A personality. Eli is happy-go-lucky, Mr. Oblivious. He picked up a few sounds here and there but constantly made us laugh.
"Eli, what does "A" say?"
"A say, ckkkkk."
"C" says ckkkk, but what does A say?"
"A say, ddddd"
Sigh. We didn't push it too much. He loved to practice his sounds and all, but I knew he'd for sure pick it up this year when he was the appropriate age. Silas must have been the exception. I did find out later in the year, however, the reason why Eli wasn't learning his phonics. Well - he'd fall asleep in class.... EVERYDAY. No surprise he wasn't learning his sounds!
He's had a blast all summer with no troubles falling asleep at school. Today, the first day of school - like clockwork, phonics rolled around and guess what? Zzzzzzz..... He conked out. Ms. Jennifer called me on the phone laughing hysterically, so I went to his class to take a picture. Sigh.
Maybe he won't learn his phonics this year, after all. Good thing he still has two more years in the preschool before Kinder :)
That's my Eli. I love that kid more than life.
Here's a few photos of his "first" day of Preschool, 2011.
![]() |
| He loves his new lunch box. |
![]() |
| Mommy & E |
![]() |
| Mrs. Lisa & Mrs. Sandy |
![]() |
| Lining up |
![]() |
| Ms. Jennifer - his Bunnies teacher! |
![]() |
| sorry boys, she's taken :) |
![]() |
| I know it looks like she's choking him, but she adores Eli! |
![]() |
| Sleeping. |














2 Comments
That last one is my FAV! What a big boy!
ReplyDeleteme too, Holly. me too.
ReplyDelete