"Jesus is a DONUT!!"

If there was ever a moment in time I wish I could rewind or at least freeze for two seconds so I had time to grab my camera and record a conversation between Silas and Eli, tonight would've been the night.  Hands down.  It. was. funny.


We were driving to the Friday night football game.  I had my music turned up and was singing along.  At some point I realized the boys were carrying on a conversation and Eli was whimpering.  I turned down the music and listened in.


"...and when you die, if you don't have Jesus in your heart, you don't go to heaven.  You go to a really scary place that is VERY hot and it never cools off."


"buuuut, I don't like scary places, Silas."


"Hey Silas?  What are you talking about?"


"Oh, don't worry, Mom.  I'm just teaching Eli about Jesus."


{he continues...} "well, Eli, you need to ask Jesus in your heart.  You need to fold your hands, bow your head and pray like this.  Dear Jesus, thank you for today..."

{Eli interrupting, totally not listening to Silas anymore} "A BIG TRUCK!!!  WOAH!"


"ELI, pay attention.  Okay?  Like this.  Dear Jesus, thank you..."

"Halloween is scary, guys.  I want to wear my costume."


Silas getting impatient - "ELI.  Please pray with me."

"Okay.  I pray.  Dear God, thank you for the invisible."


"ELI.  Do NOT say that.  That's not a real prayer.  You pray like this.  Repeat after me now...."  {Silas prays and Eli repeats}  "Dear Jesus, thank you for today.  Thank you that you died for our sins.  Please come into my heart.  Amen."  "There.  Now you have Jesus in your heart, Eli.  You get to go to heaven."


"I get to go to heaven now??!?!  YAY!"

"Hey Mom.  That means Eli gets to go to heaven now, right?"


"Silas, Eli doesn't really even understand what you're saying."


"Hey, Eli.  Do you know what that means?"


With the biggest, most cheerful grin, Eli yelled, "JESUS IS A DONUT!!!"



Eli in a nutshell.

0 Comments