The First Day of School

This morning, Silas came out of his room bright and early.  I motioned for him to come give me a hug.  


I greeted him, "Silas!  It's your big day.  You're a Kindergartner now!!!"

"I know, Mom.  I'm sooo excited", he said with the biggest grin on his face.

"I am so proud of you, Si.  It's going to be a longer day, you know.  I sure am going to miss you."

Silas put his hand on my shoulder and responded, "I know.  (pause)  But it's ok.  (pause)  It'll be long, but I'll see you after."  He then proceeded to give me a hug.  I love how he was comforting me.  Such a special boy!

Silas was thrilled to death this morning and had a blast at his very first day of school!  Rather than me rambling about it, I'll just let you watch the video...




It was also a big day for Eli.  It was his very first time napping at school and I hear he did quite well.  He was out like a light in minutes, just like a champ!  He did, however, manage to break my heart when we dropped him off.  Silas asked if he could walk Eli to class and I agreed.  Si took E by the hand and walked him to his classroom.  He opened the door, Eli entered and Silas waved saying, "Bye bye, Eli.  I'm going to Kinder.  Have fun!!"  Eli immediately ran and hid and began crying.  Apparently he was upset for quite some time.  I wanted to go snatch him up and take him with me, but knew it would be best not to linger -- especially with Silas right there.  He was devastated to be separated from his hero - his big brother and best friend.


They had quite the reunion though, as you'll see on the video.  Melt my heart.


I'm so proud of both of my boys on their big days.  They were exceptional!  Enjoy the photos :)


Ms. Macasero, Silas' teacher.


backpack hook. 

Silas' desk 
Si with family. 
Si with friends. 
Si with mommy. 
Playing on the playground. 
Eli napping.


0 Comments