Last Day of Preschool - forever.
I knew the day was coming, and it finally arrived. Today, I signed my Silas out of Love N' Learn Preschool, got his things off his hook and hung up his name tag for the last time. After two years in the Bunnies and a year in the Shining Stars, he is officially a Kindergartner. School begins on Monday and now, I'm the parent of an actual kid. An elementary school kid. Sigh.
I was telling someone today how it wasn't fair that I have to mourn twice. Once, on the last day of preschool - and twice, on the first day of real school. I could go on rambling my thoughts on the matter, but for the purpose of not sounding like a broken record, I'll refrain...
I will say that I can't help but be happy for the kid, because he is thrilled to death. He's been counting down to "bulldog school" forever now and was literally beaming when I picked him up today. I'm so proud of my sweet boy. And, at least I still have a little Bunny in the Preschool. Thanks, Eli, for not being big just yet!
I asked Silas his thoughts on school, and here's what he had to say...
"It's your last day of Preschool, Si. What do you think?"
"I'm glad I'm really done with Preschool. Really glad. And, I'm so happy that I'm gonna learn Kung Fu at the Bulldog school."
"What do you think Kinder will be like?"
"Maybe, like much longer - it's gonna be much longer than my Preschool. That's all I have to say about it."
Profound, indeed.
![]() |
| 1) Whew! He made it. 2) Proud, sweet boy. 3) He's still a superhero. |
![]() |
| My handsome boy. He definitely looks old enough for Kinder. |


0 Comments