The pirate says, "arrrrghhh!"
Eli singing - "The pirate. The pirate. The pirate. The pirate says....arrrrghhhh!!"
Gotta love Backyardigans. Their tunes are very catchy. I'll often find myself singing songs under my breath because they pop into my head randomly. Oh the joys I would never know if I didn't have kids!
Eli was hyped up today when I picked him up from school because it was pirate day! Or, shall I say - pirate week! All the kids had on their hand crafted pirate hats and Eli was walking around jumping up and down, saying, "arrrrghhhh, arrrrghhhh, arrrrghhhh!!!" There's no way to explain his excitement - it's simply impossible. Just take my word for it - he talked about it all the way home --- "Mommy, I was at pirate school!! Arrrrghhhh!!" He even wanted to go back to school, which is something else if you know Eli. He definitely likes school and has a blast once there, but he never particularly wants to go. So, yeah... that one caught me off guard.
This is yet another of the million things I love about their preschool. There is so much thought and planning put into every little detail and this Friday they even get to go on a "pirate ship" - well, a ship, at least. They're going on a Harbor Excursion Cruise to end their pirate week. On Wednesday they are supposed to dress up as pirate, so I went and got them a patch, a pirate bandana and a sword. So this afternoon my house is full of "arrrrghhhh's" and "walk the plank's".
There's constant entertainment in my house. Love it.
![]() |
| in their handmade pirate hats. |
![]() |
| arrrrrghhh! |


0 Comments