The Sniff Kids

Hands down -- the hardest shoot ever!  No, I'm not exaggerating.  If you want to totally and completely exasperate every ounce of yourself -- attempt to photograph your own kids.


I really don't know why I even try anymore, except the fact that I want photos of my fabulous and beautiful children!  Top my own two kids off with my two nieces, all of whom just got out of school and needed naps.  It was the only time Mel and I could figure out to do said shoot, so we went with it.  We needed birthday pics of Maddy and Eli for their party invitations and hopefully a decent grandkid shot for the grandparents.  That's the best gift for any grandparent, right?


Not only did we have to get up early to pack and organize an extra bag to bring to work, change four wound up kids after school and then keep them clean, fix their messy school hair, blow up balloons and load 4 crazy, hyper kids in the car -- then we had to try to get all four kids to actually listen, look at the camera and smile.  It's basically impossible.  Oh yeah - and it had been cloudy all morning.  The second we left the school, the sun decided to make it's appearance.  This made for not so great lighting and the place I wanted to shoot wouldn't work.  Oh, and it was windy.  Gotta love wind and balloons.  OH yeah, that's fun.


Poor preggo Mel (with twins, I might add) was trying to wrangle all the kids while I stood ready to snap the perfect shot.  Every time she'd step back, a hair would blow, a kid would move, a balloon would tangle or blow in front of a face.  You get the idea.  It wasn't the ideal setting for photo shoot, and all of the brilliant shots I had in my mind went quickly out the door.  Mel and I decided if we got even one shot then it could be considered a success.  There were many -- make that countless -- times we looked at each other thinking, "We still love our kids.  We still love our kids.  We STILL love our kids."  They were simply nuts and totally and completely ignoring everything we said.  I may as well have promised to take them to Disneyland because they wouldn't have heard it.  {Sigh}


Sooo, all that being said -- this is what we got.  I am so done at the moment that I don't even know what I think.  Opinions, please.  :)





















0 Comments