Complete Opposites

This afternoon after Eli's doctor appointment, I decided to drive through McDonald's to get the boy's lunch. It's a rarity that I take them there, but was headed to the school and they needed to eat. Let's face it, fast food is at least convenient. As we were pulling in, I asked Silas and Eli if they wanted some chicken. Out of the blue, Silas told me he wanted a hamburger. Okay, kid - fine with me. He has never in his life asked for a hamburger, but hey, whatever works. I ordered one Happy Meal, knowing my two boys wouldn't even finish one. I asked the nice lady for a knife, so I could cut the hamburger in half for the boys. I handed each of them their half and started driving to work. Within a couple minutes I heard Eli saying, "here, Mommy, here." I glanced back and he was eating the meat and wanting to give me the bun. I looked over at Silas, who had taken off the meat and was only eating the bun. Quickly I told them, "E, give your bread to Silas. Silas, give Eli your meat." And then I laughed under my breath at how completely and utterly opposite my two boys are. It's insane how different they are.



So, I had this bright idea to make a list just to prove it. Here goes..



* Silas is the pickiest eater on the planet. Eli is a garbage disposal - there are only two things I have given him that he didn't like - applesauce and peanut butter & jelly.


* Silas is rarely sick - definitely my healthy little boy. Eli - well, I feel like he's practically lived at the doctor, starting off with his week long stay in Special Care at birth. It's just been on and on and on since then.


* Silas is heart broken when he gets in trouble. He is definitely a people pleaser. If Eli gets in trouble, he will go from sad to overjoyed within seconds. Most of the time I'm upset at him he thinks it's funny - maybe he doesn't know the difference.


* Silas hates to apologize. It's like pulling teeth getting him to say he's sorry. Eli walks around saying, "sorry." He will walk into the wall and say he's sorry.


* Silas loves hanging out at home. Eli is adventurous and always asks, "Outside?", meaning he wants to go bye bye.


* Silas likes to eat the cake part of a cupcake. Eli licks off the icing and is done.


* Silas takes his shoes off the second he walks in the door - or, most of the time in the car on the way home. Eli tends to cry if I take his shoes off before he's ready. Often, he keeps them on until I put his pj's on.


* Silas would prefer to drink all his calories. I think he could live off milk, a.k.a. bosco. Eli walks around saying, "Hungry. Eat." followed by whatever he wants to eat.


* Silas is a grump when he wakes up, and it takes him quite some time to be up and at it. Eli literally pops out of bed and is ready to go for the day, grinning from ear to ear.


* Silas would play in the water/pool all day if I'd let him. Eli will get in but isn't too fascinated with it. If you get his hair wet, he typically screams. Washing his hair is a dramatic event every morning.


* Silas doesn't want a speck of anything out of the ordinary on his food, and will have nothing to do with any type of sauce. Eli's meal isn't completely without ketchup, barbecue sauce, syrup, etc. He'll lick his plate clean of said sauces when he's finished dipping.


* Silas loves to bundle up with a cozy sweatshirt or a blanket. Eli hates jackets and sleeps without a blanket. Don't dare cover him up - he'll kick it off immediately.


* Silas always loved drinking out of straws, as a baby and even now. Eli likes to take the straw right out of the cup and try and drink through the hole in the lid. Yeah, he's a genius.


* Silas has always been fascinated with our iPhones and gadgets, playing games and such - even at a young age. Eli really isn't into it at all.


* Silas thinks he's Batman. Eli thinks he's Iron Man.


* Silas prefers sandals. Eli prefers socks and shoes.


* Silas likes to do things slowly. He walks slower than a snail and we nicknamed him "Molasses". Eli is full speed ahead. He's a goer, that's for sure.


* Silas looks like Dusty. Eli looks like me.


* Silas is predominately like me. Eli is predominately like Dusty.


* Silas likes to watch Dora. Eli likes to watch Diego.


* Silas likes the big pool. Eli likes the "little pool", a.k.a. the hot tub.


* Silas likes the bun. Eli likes the meat.



So, I really could go on and on about all the nit picky little things. I think you get the idea.



How are they alike, you ask?



They both have soft hearts and are adorably cute. They really are good little boys and both make my world a better place. I am genuinely blessed to be their mommy. I love them.




0 Comments