Chuck E Cheese Fieldtrip & How to Walk on the Moon
You know those days where you literally drag yourself out of bed, having little motivation to do anything? Today has certainly been one of those days - I'm definitely in a funk! Gotta snap out of it. In any case, regardless of how we feel, we still have daily responsibilities. I got up, worked out, got myself and the boys ready and headed for work. Silas had a field trip to Chuck E Cheese today with the Preschool and was overjoyed with excitement. He didn't even know about it until I mentioned it this morning, and when I told him he cheered, "Woohoo! Chuck E Cheese! It's gonna be so much fun, mom." At least he had something to be excited about. Eli woke up in a sort of different mood and for the first time had a problem with the clothes I put him in. I didn't know two year old boys had an opinion about their clothing, but I guess I was mistaken. I put him in a cute polo style shirt with a scary dinosaur on it, which is reasonable seeing as how he likes dinosaurs. He often grabs a few dinosaurs out of their closet and runs around saying, "Scarrrry. Dinosaur. Raaaawwwr!" As soon as I put it on him he began pulling on his shirt and crying, "Noooo!! Not this! Not dinosaur." On a normal day I would not have put up with this and never would have thought of changing him, but the shirt was way too big and I was way too tired to mess with it. I told him it was too big and he said, "Dinosaur. Too big." I grabbed another shirt and quickly changed him - with no further complaints. Who even knows what his little two year old mind was thinking.
Once we were all ready - and content with our attire - we headed out the door to the school where I worked a bit until it was time to leave for the field trip. When we got to the parking lot Eli proudly proclaimed, "I found it - Cheese!" I didn't know he would remember Chuck E Cheese, but apparently he did. Silas and Eli had a blast doing their thing, trying out all the games, "rides" and meeting Chuck E Cheese, himself. They both gobbled up their pizza, surprisingly - as Silas is typically too excited to eat. After a couple hours we went back to the school so I could wrap up a few loose ends and then I changed in my running clothes. Eli crashed as soon as we got back in the car and I continued driving to the lake. He typically naps during this time and it works out perfectly because it makes my run pretty quiet and peaceful.
I drove all the way to the lake, pulled in the parking lot and continued driving past a row of empty parking spots. I thought for a minute. Then, I circled right back through the parking lot and drove to the exit. I was so tired, I wasn't sure I could get one foot in front of the other - I'd much rather take advantage of Eli's nap-time and try to catch a quick nap myself. It's a rarity that this ever happens, so I thought I'd chance it. I asked Silas, "Si, don't you just want to go home and relax?" He said, "oh yeah, mommy. That sounds like a great idea." So, I drove home. Thankfully, I was able to doze off for just a bit so that was nice. Thank you, Silas for agreeing and justify me leaving. I really needed that rest.
We don't really have any plans for the evening, and that's more than fine with me. It's been a long, draining week and I'd love to just zone out for awhile and maybe have a movie night or something. After all, the boys are always up for a "popcorn party" and a movie. Praise God for Fridays and the weekends to rest.







1 Comments
Silas is such a BIG guy now; he's not afraid of the mascots anymore! Both of my CA grandsons are SO handsome. I miss them!
ReplyDelete