cherished times with my dad {a.k.a. papaw}
Nine years in a row. That's how many of Silas' birthdays my dad has been here for. I just said in my last post that Jeremiah's birth was the only one my parents made it here for. I guess that wasn't entirely accurate. What I meant is - Jeremiah's birth was the only one where they were actually at the hospital at the moment he was born. My parents missed Silas' birth by an hour. As soon as they found out I was in the hospital to be induced, they got on an airplane.
All of that aside, he was here for Silas' first birthday, and every party thereafter. My mom makes it out this time of year when she can, but my dad absolutely coming has turned into a special tradition. I love these one-on-one times. It's no secret to them - although it may sound a little weird - I actually prefer when they travel to San Diego separately. Selfishly, this means I get more devoted time with each of them.
I am so blessed that my parents make such an effort to come visit us - regularly. They have made it an intentional priority to be invested in my family and the lives of our kids. I am eternally thankful. I so try to cherish the moments, but the visits make the reality of the distance that much more difficult. In a few days, I will get back to the routine and it won't hurt so much. But today is hard. The airport is the most bittersweet place I know.
Thanks, Dad and Mom, for investing in us. We love you. And, we miss you daily.
All of that aside, he was here for Silas' first birthday, and every party thereafter. My mom makes it out this time of year when she can, but my dad absolutely coming has turned into a special tradition. I love these one-on-one times. It's no secret to them - although it may sound a little weird - I actually prefer when they travel to San Diego separately. Selfishly, this means I get more devoted time with each of them.
I am so blessed that my parents make such an effort to come visit us - regularly. They have made it an intentional priority to be invested in my family and the lives of our kids. I am eternally thankful. I so try to cherish the moments, but the visits make the reality of the distance that much more difficult. In a few days, I will get back to the routine and it won't hurt so much. But today is hard. The airport is the most bittersweet place I know.
Thanks, Dad and Mom, for investing in us. We love you. And, we miss you daily.
| Fun times at Seaworld. |
| Papaw treated them to Menchies - which they've been wanting to try for months! |
| More Seaworld fun! |
| We always have to go to Rubios for the fish tacos. |


0 Comments