a love story, {part ten}

"To this day, the bond between Silas and Eli still blows my mind.  Of course, they have their moments - but I've never seen two little souls connect on such a level.  They do everything together - not because they have to, but because they want to.  It's one of my favorite parts of our love story and I pray this bond remains for their life long."

Continued from {part nine}

Life with my two littles were probably some of my easiest days.  I still worked, but only part-time.  Silas began preschool {as a Bunny} and Eli "worked" in the office with me.  It was the best of both worlds - I could work, yet still felt like I had most of the day with my boys.  We had so many adventures.  We lived at the pool, going almost daily during the warm months.  We went to Lake Murray every. single. day.  I would run and then we'd feed the ducks or go on a "squirrel hunt".  {I still miss these days.  I do not have enough time in my day now that I'm working full-time, to swing this.  Plus, gone are the days were I could push them in the stroller while I ran}{Boo hoo}{ sob, sob}.  We made frequent trips to "the red store" {a.k.a. Target}, making good use of the food court.  "Pop pop" and soda were a must.  They were such good boys.  I mean, I cannot even explain it - their sweet little bond, personalities, and good natures made being a mommy easy.  No doubt, having two little boys made life more chaotic, but in the best way.  Looking back, I wish I would have cherished these times even more.  When the school days eventually begin, it's a whole new world. 

After awhile, Silas began thinking about another baby.  He'd question, he'd ask, he'd hint.  Before I knew it, he started praying - every single night - for a baby sister.  This went on for at least a year.  After awhile, he became frustrated and finally prayed, "Dear God, PLEASE give us a baby.  And, if my daddy doesn't want one, please just give us one anyway."  Oh the sincerity of a child.  He clearly overheard some conversations - we weren't quite sure whether or not we were planning for another baby, or if the timing was right.

Finally, we decided to talk about it.  Before I could blink, I was expecting again.  We were elated once the shock wore off.  Silas was over the moon.  And Eli, well, I'm not sure he really understood what was coming, but he was as excited as he could be.  Dusty and I began preparing for our third, and would essentially be re-entering the baby stage.  As it was, Eli would be 4 and Silas would be 6 when the baby was due.  Two months into my pregnancy, we bought a new house.  We completely renovated and moved into our new house within 6 weeks.  It was probably 6 of the most chaotic and stressful weeks ever, but we made it.  Poor Dusty - most all of it fell on him.  We had to re-plumb the entire house, put in new floors, paint all the cabinets and walls, redo the entire yard - basically, the entire place had to be gutted.  He lived in the spare room in the garage while the boys and I stayed at his parents.  With the house being a construction zone, it didn't make a lot of sense for us to stay there.

We moved in December 2011.  

Come January, it was finally time to find out what baby #3 would be.  We couldn't wait to find out.  Silas was determined it was a girl, and Eli was insistent on wanting a boy.  Sure enough - BOY.  I mean, is it even possible for me to have a girl?  We were ecstatic!  Jeremiah Steven would be joining us in the summer and I couldn't have been happier about having three boys.  It took a little time to convince Silas this was the best news ever and God knew he needed another brother.  Jeremiah was exactly who God had planned and he was going to love him.  Throughout my pregnancy, Silas prayed for this little baby every. single. day.  He also talked to him, without fail, every day.  He was thrilled when he could finally feel and see him moving around in my belly.

The day of my induction finally arrived.  Again, I couldn't wait.  Even having experienced it twice before, my heart could not have been prepared for this kind of love - again.  I am convinced that no matter how many children God blesses you with, it's still just as miraculous, just as breathtaking, and your heart multiplies a hundred fold all over again.  On June 10, 2012, Jeremiah entered the world and perfectly completed our family.  He stole our hearts.  Completely.  If there's any question, watch this video.
















      

0 Comments