happy {7th birthday} day, Silas.

The birthday festivities were in full gear today! My seven year old {It's gonna take me awhile to get used to that} woke up a little upset because Eli wasn't going to school. He found that a bit "unfair"... but it became a little more appeasing when I suggested he and I stop for donuts and hot chocolate on the way to school, plus Grammy made cupcakes for his class, PLUS there was an ice cream party at school today -- sugar overload, anyone?!



Oh well, it's a special day ;)

He was eating up the attention and noted, "boy, time sure flies when it's your birthday!" Although, we did leave a little early due to the bug *still* fighting his ear infection after over four days on his antibiotic. He has screamed night and day for four days now. Needless to say, he had an appointment at 6:00 p.m. tonight. Si was so sweet because when I told him why we were leaving school early, he went right to bug, gave him a hug and said, "It's okay, bug. Si Si is here. What a sad way for you to spend my birthday. I'm SO sorry!!"



The very moment he turned 7 --  11:06 a.m. 

Eli had the time of his life sleeping in, going on an adventure with Papaw to McDonald's {it was mostly an adventure because they walked!} and then visiting the pet store. His first high today was "no school" and his other high was "visiting the pet store." His low? "I didn't get a pet...And I really, really do want a pet. A fish pet."




We had Rubio's for dinner and then Papaw, Eli, J and I went to the doctor while Daddy and Si went on an adventure to Fry's. Silas loved that, that's for sure!! He came home with a laser pen and stories of an 80" 3D tv. In his dreams!!




All three boys are snuggled tight and bug seems to be sleeping peacefully for now. Heres hoping his new antibiotic and ear drops do the trick. He says, "being sick is for the birds...and I'm no bird... I'm a bug!!"  Ha- Dusty and I talk for him all the time. I'm positive that's what he's thinking ;) The boys get a kick out of it, anyway.

Happy Birthday to the most awesome, handsome and smartest 7 year old I know! Check out the video I spent this afternoon making. {sob, sob}... yeah, see if you can make it through without tearing up at least once ;)



Silas' thank you note to Mimi for making his birthday cake.













0 Comments