weekend wrap-up, plus a little catching up.

You guys.  I am so behind on blogging, it's not even funny.  I have absolutely no idea how I managed to blog every single day for an entire month during my photos a day...


I guess when you make a commitment, you have to be intentional.  Gotta get back to that mindset, soon.

So, what's been going on with us?  Well, my dad was in town for a week and we celebrated Silas' 7th birthday {which I actually did post about}.  Baby Jeremiah was sick for the first time, and boy was that terrible.  And terrible is putting it nicely.  He had an ear infection that took 2 antibiotics to get rid of.  Poor guy was m-i-s-e-r-a-b-l-e.  I learned how to make sushi, which is something I've always wanted to do.  Sushi is my absolute fav.  {My mouth waters just thinking about it.}  Silas performed in the Talent Show again with Brady, where they did a reprise of last year's magic show!  Don't dare ask "Silas the Great" how he performed his trick, because "a magician never reveals his secrets." You have got to watch his performance, here.  I am so proud of my sweet, confident and funny boy.  I am blown away with this kid.  Seriously.


Silas the Great. 
Silas the Great and two of his bff's,  Cousin Maddy and Hailey.
So, to explain.  Maddy is his best friend {and cousin}.  He adores her.  Maddy and Hailey are also best friends.  So naturally, the three of them are becoming the three amigos.   Oh, and to clarify, these are his girl best friends.  His boy best friend is Valentino because, well - they like a lot of the same things, like the color blue, electronics and swimming.


I haven't mentioned Eli.  He hasn't been sick and hasn't had a magic show, but life isn't life without Eli.  I seriously need to record this kid.  Watching him and listening to him talk is fascinating.  Truly fascinating.  I wish people could be around him.  He's hysterical and will have you laughing so hard you're in tears.  I know my dad got a kick out of him during his visit.  Eli told me yesterday, "Mom.  I love you AND I like you."  I love you and I like you too, kid!



This weekend we had some warmer weather, which was so nice.  Don't get me wrong, I am loving life in the 60 degree temps lately, but I didn't mind a weekend of sun and warmth.  I'm not ready for summer just yet.  Soon, but not yet.  We took the boys swimming on Saturday and grilled that evening.  Sunday, we went to church, came home for lunch and then spent a few hours at a block party our church hosted.  The boys had a blast at the bean bag toss, the petting zoo, the reptile "show" and playing frisbee.  It was a great way to spend the afternoon as a family.



And today, of course, it was back to the grind.  Work, school, laundry, errands.  Happy Monday.  Hope yours was great and you have an even better Tuesday ;)


Amazing, right? 
Poor, sick baby boy. 

I love this.  Why?  
Well, we were at the church party.  They had Disney princesses and Silas was not a bit ashamed to take a photo with them.  Eli ran as far away as he could... literally.  But Silas, he was confident enough to do it :)

0 Comments