easter celebration at school.
Easter. Who doesn't love Easter? Jelly beans, cadbury eggs, hunting easter eggs -- the celebration of our risen Savior? As Believers, this is the core of our faith - what a celebration!
My heart smiled yesterday on the way to school. The boys had been anticipating their Easter party, or "Easter bunny egg day" as Eli kept referring to it, all week. Not only was it a half day of school, they got to have a party and hunt for eggs, but Silas knew it was the last day of school before Spring Break. Two weeks of no school is pure bliss for him. He's already got this whole break thing figured out. {But back to the car...}
He says this to me about 100 times a day. Rather than just speaking, he needs to tell me he has something to say, first. It could be anything from, "Pretend I'm a baby t-rex egg and I am about to hatch" to "I am hungry" to "I love you, Mom." You just never know. On this particular ride to school it was,
He told me all about Jesus dying on the cross, being taken to the tomb, the stone being rolled in front of it, the guards in front of the tomb, and Jesus rising again on the third day. As he spoke, I was amazed at his elaborate account of Jesus' death and resurrection. He gave so many little details and my heart was overjoyed. Here he was about to party all day with Easter eggs, easter games, yummy goodies & tons of candy and he wanted to make sure I knew what Easter was really about.
Amazing.
Of course, I took plenty of photos and some video of all the Easter festivities at school. Both the school and preschool had Chapel before their parties, which brought tears to my eyes. It was simply beautiful watching all the kids so excited and worshipping. Both boy's classes had their own egg hunt and there was tons of delicious food and fun games. I had a blast hanging out with my two boys yesterday at their parties. Be sure to watch the video HERE. {Huge thanks to Dusty for making it for me -- I had a lot of video and was uninspired (for once) of what to do with it. Love how it turned out!!}
And here's a few photos, even though they're in the video!
My heart smiled yesterday on the way to school. The boys had been anticipating their Easter party, or "Easter bunny egg day" as Eli kept referring to it, all week. Not only was it a half day of school, they got to have a party and hunt for eggs, but Silas knew it was the last day of school before Spring Break. Two weeks of no school is pure bliss for him. He's already got this whole break thing figured out. {But back to the car...}
Eli said, "Hey mom, I gotta tell you something."
He says this to me about 100 times a day. Rather than just speaking, he needs to tell me he has something to say, first. It could be anything from, "Pretend I'm a baby t-rex egg and I am about to hatch" to "I am hungry" to "I love you, Mom." You just never know. On this particular ride to school it was,
"Do you know what Easter is?? Because, I do!"
He told me all about Jesus dying on the cross, being taken to the tomb, the stone being rolled in front of it, the guards in front of the tomb, and Jesus rising again on the third day. As he spoke, I was amazed at his elaborate account of Jesus' death and resurrection. He gave so many little details and my heart was overjoyed. Here he was about to party all day with Easter eggs, easter games, yummy goodies & tons of candy and he wanted to make sure I knew what Easter was really about.
Amazing.
Of course, I took plenty of photos and some video of all the Easter festivities at school. Both the school and preschool had Chapel before their parties, which brought tears to my eyes. It was simply beautiful watching all the kids so excited and worshipping. Both boy's classes had their own egg hunt and there was tons of delicious food and fun games. I had a blast hanging out with my two boys yesterday at their parties. Be sure to watch the video HERE. {Huge thanks to Dusty for making it for me -- I had a lot of video and was uninspired (for once) of what to do with it. Love how it turned out!!}
And here's a few photos, even though they're in the video!
![]() |
| This was right before school. You can tell who was enthused and who did not want to pose for photos. |
![]() |
| Silas with his eggs. His favorite was the "golden egg" |





0 Comments