dreams. t-ball. miscellaneous.

Had I read the title of this post any where else or chosen "dreams" as a title for a blog post, I most likely would have assumed it to be about hopes or aspirations.  Buuut, nope.  I mean literal, while you're asleep - dreams.  This is probably because I've been having lots of them!  I don't know what it is about being pregnant, but I dream - a lot, and about the weirdest things.  Apparently this is quite common {I just googled it} and the increase in hormones causes pregnant women to dream more.  Plus, we remember more of our dreams due to be woken up a lot during the night {kicking baby, 10 times to go to the bathroom, etc.


I've had some crazy dreams, let me tell you - about the most random things and with the most random people.  I mean, anyone is fair game.  If you're reading this or you've known me at some point in my life, you may have been in one of my dreams lately.  But last night was the best.  I dreamt I had Jeremiah - and it was one of those dreams that was so real, I almost believed it had happened {well, for like a millisecond after I woke up}.  My labor - start to finish - was 3 hours, with no epidural. {Okay, Jeremiah - I will be perfectly okay with that were it to come true!}  He weighed 8 lb. 15 oz, so basically 9 pounds and was absolutely perfect. {But, please don't be this big, little J!!}  I saw every little detail of his face and again, it was so believable I felt like it had really happened.  I woke up today thinking, "okay, I'm ready... I want this baby now!"  Obviously he still has to cook a little longer, but it made me start to long for it.  


Do you ever wonder what little kids dream about?  Often Eli will tell me his tales of being in the dinosaur world and it has something to do with a t-rex smelling him, chasing him or playing with him.  Silas' dreams always involve dragons, ninjas, dinosaurs or something adventurous.  Today he ran in the restroom as I was sitting there getting ready - which was odd, because I normally have to wake him.  But today he had woken up on his own and stumbled in, still rubbing his eyes with a huge smile on his face.  "Mom, guess what?  I was having a dream.  I was in a land of chocolate chip cookies and I was flying on a giant crayon.  It was awesome."   I told him how amazing that sounded, but giggled to myself thinking about the vast differences between his dreams and mine.  Oh, to live in their little fantasy lands!  I did mention my dream to Silas and he was all ears.  "What did he look like?  Did he look like me?  Was he so cute?!"  That kid cannot wait to meet his baby brother.



Dreams aside - this weekend Silas had his usual t-ball game.  I had my camera and thought I should take a few video clips for my parents since they don’t get to see any of his games.  Within 5 seconds of turning my camera on, of course I had the idea to make an actual video.  The kid is so cute.  Sometimes he is super into it and other times he’s out there yawning and daydreaming.  But, I think it’s been such a great experience for him.  Watch the video here.






After Si’s game we went over to Grammy & Pappy’s to play with their cousins, Maddy & Zoe.  While I was there I snapped a few photos of Reagan and Quincy.  So... from the photos they look super easy.  And really, they were pretty great - however, neither of them are sitting up yet.  We had to get creative!  I think this is one of the hardest ages to shoot because they’re too big to be laying down but not sitting up yet.  Sure, you can put them in a bumbo, but that doesn’t make for the greatest photos.  Luckily there’s two of them, so they could kind of lean against one another.  In any case, here’s R&Q in all their cuteness.  








Double the cuteness :)
And for fun, here's a few recent photos to sum up some of what's been going on with us.

Eli diligently practicing his "E's"
I read coral looks good on anyone - okay, actually I've heard that before.  But, I was playing around with it :)  Even got some coral lipstick that day too.


So, Silas got his school ID.  He was beyond thrilled.  He thought it was a driver's license and couldn't stop talking about it.  He called Dusty on the way home from school and said, "Dad.  You are going to FREAK out.  I got my own ID."


I went blonder.  I just needed a change.  Luckily I didn't have a crazy, hormonal moment and chop off my hair.  {I did that with Eli}.  I just went with a trim and it still feels short!  Okay, and I think I look huge in these pictures, but whatever. 

0 Comments