Uniform Woes.



















I knew it was going to happen.  I just knew it.  

The first day of school, Silas was *so* cute in his uniform.  I simply could not stand how precious he looked in his brand new uniform shirts, shorts and pants.  I bought him a belt, made sure his shirt was tucked in every morning and occasionally {when I could justify it with the weather} put a sweater vest over his polo.  6 weeks later - I. am. bored.

Boys clothes are boring anyway.  The same green or light blue shirt and khaki shorts/pants everyday is even more blah.  Don't get me wrong, he still looks adorable, but his shirts are getting faded and stained and the collars aren't as crisp.  There are, however, definite pros to wearing a uniform.  Shall I make a list?

Pros:

*The classes look sharp, all dressed in their uniforms.
*There is no question or debate as to what Silas will wear in the mornings.
*He hardly wears his other clothes, which means I'm saving money on clothes.
*There are no worries about some kids being cool and others not being cool, style wise.  Everyone is the same.
*He gets excited when he gets to wear "real" clothes.


Mostly, I think it's the cooler weather that's killing me.  I can't put him in cute hoodies, stylish jeans, boots, hats or anything remotely fun.  Just uniform pieces.  So, I will enjoy Friday Free Days and stop all my griping ;)  

Done.

On a happier, more positive note -- the cool mornings lately have been fabulous!  I, myself, am loving breaking out the tights, boots and cardigans.  I'm kind of surprised, because I'm definitely a summer girl.  But, nothing beats snuggling up in cozy clothes, making a pot of homemade soup and curling up on the couch.  Come to think of it, that sounds pretty nice right about now.  I'm *so* thankful it's Friday and even more than that -- there's nothing on my schedule.  A night at home sounds amazingly perfect.  

My adorable E.

My adorable Si.

0 Comments