I still have a blog.

Where, oh where, has my little blog gone?


It has been a crazy week.  So many things going on - which I'll blog more about later.  It's been so busy I haven't really had the time.  But just to give you sort of an idea of what this week entailed, it involved the following --


our school welcome back picnic.  silas' first chapel.  two birthday parties.  cardboard boxes and paper plates.  an offer on a house.  an entire bottle of dayquil (for me).  packing, work and more packing.  


Maybe I'm just tired!  We had a birthday party this morning and since we had such a crazy week, the boys and I simply relaxed this afternoon.  Later this evening, I needed to make a trip to Target and found myself wanting to and not wanting to get out at the same time.  We got the few things I needed and then, on a whim, the boys and I stopped and played outside for awhile on the way back in the house.  My camera was in my purse so I snapped a couple shots -- nothing special, it's just that I haven't broken it out in weeks.  I watched as they played hide and seek and spent a few moments taking it in.  Their giggles - the pure joy on their faces when they found one other - their playfulness - watching Eli close his eyes and count to 10 -- such simple moments, but such a blessing.  It's so easy for me when I'm tired, stressed or busy to forget to soak in the joy in the simplicity of life's moments.  Every moment is what we make it.

cute, silly boy.

pretending to be mad :)

Eli finds the joy in everything.


"LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; 
   you make my lot secure... 
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; 
   my body also will rest secure...
You make known to me the path of life; 
   you will fill me with joy in your presence, 
   with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

0 Comments