big changes.
I don't even know where to begin...
{Sigh}
There's really only two BIG announcements -
1. We are moving. To our very first house. We close this week. And. we. are. excited. I am in lala land just thinking about having a yard... Being able to have company over without being squished... S p a c e... Having more than two measly closets... A spare room...
2. Oops. Wait a minute. We just filled that. We are having a baby. Woah. That was news to both of us. Don't get me wrong, we knew it could happen - but were still taken by surprise. We were definitely in the agreement that we needed to make a final decision one way or the other. We were either done, or having another. {I didn't really want any more space between a baby and my Eli.} So, God made that call for us. A baby it is! This came much to Silas' joy, as he's been praying for a baby every single night for months on end. Seriously. Every night I hear somewhere in the middle of his prayer,
"and God, please give us a baby because we really, really want one."
If Eli doesn't follow suit, he'll nudge him and remind him,
"ELI, you didn't pray for a baby. Try again."
"Sisters. I already have a brother, Mom."
"Sisterssss? Umm, no Silas. Sister. We want one baby."
"No, mom. We want two... or three... or four."
Thank goodness I never heard him pray for that! That's already been decided :)
I'm not really sure how much Eli gets. When Silas told him there was a baby in mommy's tummy he responded,
"Did you swallow it, Mom?"
And he reminded me the next morning,
"Don't spit out the baby, Mom."
Oh the mind of a child. Love that kid. Saying I'm pregnant is so weird. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. I still have moments where I stare at my other two in pure wonder. It's the purest form of love. It's indescribable. Just as when I was pregnant with Silas and Eli, I couldn't fathom how much I could possibly love them. I wonder the same now. I simply cannot grasp onto the idea of another person. Right now, it's this unknown being {known to God, but not to me}. It's teeny tiny. It's not a reality. I don't feel any different and the only reason I know I am is because of a simple test that says "pregnant". I cannot understand how this baby fits into our family... yet. I know the 4 of us work. Only time will tell and show God's amazing plan for this new addition. I am overwhelmed, I am excited, I am a bit nervous and I am beyond thankful for this blessing.
In thinking about announcing our 3rd baby, I wanted to do something fun. I had the idea for a photo -- so I didn't technically tell anyone -- they just had to see the photo and get it. Here's a few of our out takes...
![]() |
| the one we went with. |
![]() |
| #2 option |
And last but not least, here's a few photos from Silas' trip to the Pumpkin Patch and then that evening when we went to Grammy and Pappy's to decorate Halloween Gingerbread Houses with the cousins. I had a blast hanging out with just my Si boy at the pumpkin patch. That morning we were walking to the car and he sighed,
"ahhhhh. It's just me and you, Mom. Me and you. This sure is nice."
Melt my heart in a bazillion pieces. My cup runneth over.
![]() |
| my little ghost. |
![]() |
| Silas with Mommy. Silas with cousins Callie & Brady. |
![]() |
| Silas is fascinated by EVERYthing Halloween and was quite into the decorating. |
![]() |
| Eli ate more than he decorated :) |







1 Comments
I love you! I love this post! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete